If you get a free Amazon Return and select Royal Mail print at home label, you can also get free Royal Mail collection of same. No mention of this on Amazon that I can see.
- To obtain your label from Amazon, select "THREE OTHER RETURN OPTIONS"
- Then, "OTHER DROP OFF, PRINTER REQUIRED"
- Then, "ROYAL MAIL".
- You will get a RM TRACKED 48 label with recorded delivery number in format "AB123456789GB"
- Go to send.royalmail.com/col…ems
- Select "PLEASE COLLECT AN ITEM... WITH POSTAGE VIA RECORDED DELIVERY RETURN"
- Type or paste in the recorded delivery number "AB123456789GB", and voila! Collection cost £0.
Collection service is now excellent, you can tell RM to pick up a package from safe place outside that you define. My postie picks up from my front garden safe place while I'm asleep. From frequent use, he now uses same place to leave parcels (not requiring signature) when I'm out, I know it's only a small saving, but every little helps!
14 Commentssorted by
You usually print out the label or the postie brings it if you choose to have it printed for you then they will scan the qr code on the item when they pick up. No receipts as its all done online.
Since this service was introduced, sending back small to medium items has been streamlined. Really quick refunds as well, within 2 days funds back in account and the item hasn't even landed back at Amazon's warehouse.
Only do that if you want it to go missing
AKA 'Hermes 5 finger-discount programme'.
What tracking proof is provided - does the postie scan item + put receipt through your door, or is it only an online confirmation?
Amazon would not even care as Hermes will be the one who pays for the loss of the packages to Amazon
Even if the box arrives at Amazon with a substitute product or empty (going by the numerous threads of Hermes couriers nicking Amazon returns and not my own experience).
Likely only of interest to serial returners - prior to Amazon account closure