Free school meal vouchers

Posted 30th Mar
gov.uk/gov…ols

Didn’t know where to post this, but my aunt received an email with a £30 ASDA e-gift card for her son for the period 23rd March to 3rd April.

To those that get the free school meals for your kids, obviously I’m not sure what route your kid’s school will take but if they take the supermarket option, then expect an email or post with a gift card.

PLEASE NOTE: I’ve posted this to help people who are in receipt of this, so that they don’t accidentally delete any emails. I know things like benefits always bring about the worst in some people so please don’t bring your negativity here.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

17 Comments
Glasgow kids received £20 farmfood vouchers for every 2 weeks and have already missed out on one week as ours commence from 28th March until 13th April before being topped up again...don’t even have a farmfoods local to myself and they don’t do online deliveries...I get the council/government want to help but they could’ve done their research to see what local shops were around each area to make it easier to source food from shops!
My school did a food parcel that had carrots cucumber potatoes rice pasta tomatoes im in london i know other schools have been doing daily lunches
Some others online seem to of got vouchers thing it depends really
sd1330/03/2020 16:10

My school did a food parcel that had carrots cucumber potatoes rice pasta …My school did a food parcel that had carrots cucumber potatoes rice pasta tomatoes im in london i know other schools have been doing daily lunches Some others online seem to of got vouchers thing it depends really

That’s shocking how the government isn’t giving your school funds to send out a better food parcel than that...kids probably get fed better in your school when attending when it’s opened as that food parcel is not substantial for a weeks lunches!
Mich8ll830/03/2020 16:48

That’s shocking how the government isn’t giving your school funds to send o …That’s shocking how the government isn’t giving your school funds to send out a better food parcel than that...kids probably get fed better in your school when attending when it’s opened as that food parcel is not substantial for a weeks lunches!

I agree we did have some huge jacket potatos i made a pasta bake ect the voucher would of been great though either they had the money from the government and got the things for the food parcels or maybe they havent been given nothing yet and will after holidays i dont know
Mich8ll830/03/2020 16:48

That’s shocking how the government isn’t giving your school funds to send o …That’s shocking how the government isn’t giving your school funds to send out a better food parcel than that...kids probably get fed better in your school when attending when it’s opened as that food parcel is not substantial for a weeks lunches!

Bang out order maybe. But unfortunately not shocking.
Link is for school not parents
sd1330/03/2020 17:13

I agree we did have some huge jacket potatos i made a pasta bake ect the …I agree we did have some huge jacket potatos i made a pasta bake ect the voucher would of been great though either they had the money from the government and got the things for the food parcels or maybe they havent been given nothing yet and will after holidays i dont know

You think all kind of help towards school kids meals would be the same means of food parcel or vouchers to all school kids regardless of how the school decide to operate...should be one system for all kids in Scotland..England etc....all educational services have been told to decide how they choose to work the system with lunches and will be reimbursed if it costs more which has been done in Scotland but looks like the school you use have decided that to be substantial enough for a week(confused)
ra78630/03/2020 18:10

Bang out order maybe. But unfortunately not shocking.

Totally agree...shocking was my first initial thought but bang right out of order is what springs to mind now(y)
Excellent idea
Mich8ll830/03/2020 14:48

Glasgow kids received £20 farmfood vouchers for every 2 weeks and have …Glasgow kids received £20 farmfood vouchers for every 2 weeks and have already missed out on one week as ours commence from 28th March until 13th April before being topped up again...don’t even have a farmfoods local to myself and they don’t do online deliveries...I get the council/government want to help but they could’ve done their research to see what local shops were around each area to make it easier to source food from shops!

I mean I know it’s something but it kinda sucks that it won’t actually help if there’s nothing near you.

sd1330/03/2020 16:10

My school did a food parcel that had carrots cucumber potatoes rice pasta …My school did a food parcel that had carrots cucumber potatoes rice pasta tomatoes im in london i know other schools have been doing daily lunches Some others online seem to of got vouchers thing it depends really

I know every school decides how they want to do it, but I agree with others that it would have been nice if they just picked one idea, ie. supermarket vouchers and went with that for all kids. If they wanted, they could allow for parents to pick which supermarket in order for them to cater to everyone.

Misslovely30/03/2020 18:18

Link is for school not parents

Does it really matter? The link is there so people know what the post is about.
Edited by: "Phataphobic" 30th Mar
I get what your saying the voucher would of been good but the rice and pasta they gave i found a great help as ive been unable to get it anywhere local to me i defo had more than enough stuff to do lunches for 2 people for a week so it has helped and saved me the hassle of going to the shops especially if it was only for a tesco asda or farm foods and its not local and deliveries are hard to get
Saying this i have seen some food parcels online for other schools that havent been so good and luckily i had cheese beans tuna to go with the jacket potatoes but a voucher of £20 could get you a lot
sd1330/03/2020 18:50

I get what your saying the voucher would of been good but the rice and …I get what your saying the voucher would of been good but the rice and pasta they gave i found a great help as ive been unable to get it anywhere local to me i defo had more than enough stuff to do lunches for 2 people for a week so it has helped and saved me the hassle of going to the shops especially if it was only for a tesco asda or farm foods and its not local and deliveries are hard to get Saying this i have seen some food parcels online for other schools that havent been so good and luckily i had cheese beans tuna to go with the jacket potatoes but a voucher of £20 could get you a lot

Yeah...exactly...at least with the voucher you can then source your own food options instead of making do with what you’ve been given...to be fair...you won a watch with the pasta as that’s so hard to still purchase(y) I just think it would’ve made more sense to put the same system in place for lunches as I have seen some news stories on what some school had been given to feed kids for a week and it was diabolical(confused)
Mich8ll830/03/2020 19:01

Yeah...exactly...at least with the voucher you can then source your own …Yeah...exactly...at least with the voucher you can then source your own food options instead of making do with what you’ve been given...to be fair...you won a watch with the pasta as that’s so hard to still purchase(y) I just think it would’ve made more sense to put the same system in place for lunches as I have seen some news stories on what some school had been given to feed kids for a week and it was diabolical(confused)

Yh everyone should of been given the same
They did one last week which you could collect from school and it was one Apple, one orange a broccoli and small piece of cheese that’s was four dinners worth. This week they wanted you to collect from the other side of town. You can’t travel without a car and probably get in trouble by the police if you was out, so ended up with nothing, didn’t get vouchers threw an email
My children’s secondary school transferred £40 for each child entitled to FSM into parents bank account as soon as schools closed to help for the first 2 weeks of school closure.

Once the governments voucher scheme started they were going to inform parents about next step. I expect they’ll send vouchers by post or email.
dorey6930/03/2020 20:53

They did one last week which you could collect from school and it was one …They did one last week which you could collect from school and it was one Apple, one orange a broccoli and small piece of cheese that’s was four dinners worth. This week they wanted you to collect from the other side of town. You can’t travel without a car and probably get in trouble by the police if you was out, so ended up with nothing, didn’t get vouchers threw an email

I’m speechless:o
Our school is offering 25.00 vouchers for tescos untilmgovernment give there own out so not sure But this covers 2weeks but not including Easter holidays so no voucher will be sent in that oeriod
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions