Free Shadow Complex full game via glitch (Xbox Live Arcade)

A glitch has been revealed for the Shadow Complex XBLA demo which allows you to play the full game for FREE. Check out the video below for all the details:

youtube.com/wat…ded

Up Side to this:
- Full Game Free to Play in DEMO Mode
- Saves Checkpoint Progress
- All levels, objectives, & cutscenes load normal

Down Side to this:
- No Achievements
- Have to Re-Do glitch after you exit Demo
- Training Mode isn't available

24 Comments

Thanks for that, been meaning to dl the demo, supposed to be great, although Trials is taking up all of my time atm!

Original Poster

Yeah, Trials is cool, that and Arkham Asylum are excellent

lol nice, thanks :thumbsup:

It's been mentioned a few times and it's also in the Freebies. Is the demo still up? Word has spread pretty fast, so I'm surprised it's not been pulled and the glitch fixed.

Have just got the demo, not fussed if the glitch doesn't work eventually, will probably buy it, need some more points for a halo map pack anyway.

Wish you could just buy the stuff though, instead of fannying around buying points on cards and being left with some tht you can't spend on anything!!

I'm confused about it, i have gotten to the point, done the 'load to last save point' Now if i turn the machine off can i play again from this point on? Or do i have to play the whole thing in one sitting?

also, where's the demo supposed to end? how do i know if i've done it?

Just after dropping into the room where you pick up the grenades, you'll meet a big, mechanical spider-like machine that you have to defeat by throwing your grenades underneath it. Once you've defeated it, keep hitting 'start' until the option to "Load Last Save" appears. Select this, confirm and then you'll end up back in the room where you picked the grenades up, but when you leave you will see the defeated boss and will be able to continue playing the game. If you don't load the last save after the boss, then the demo ends, kicks you out to the dashboard and you'll have to do it all over again.

Ok, so the demo should have ended there?

I've played well past there, but if i turn off now i start right at the beginning again right?

Am stuck anyway so will have to turn off!!

Yeah, once you turn it off, then you have to re-do the glitch.

Ok, might as well buy it then!! took me ages to get to where i've got, thanks for the info though, have repped you

hmm, so you can play it all the way through start to finish - but you have to do it in one sitting? Would be ironic if you got RROD leaving your xbox on trying to save £13

It's only a short game and it's already installed onto your hard drive, so it's not doing anything like reading a disc or anything else that's going to make it have to work harder. You've probably got about as much chance as it failing whilst playing Sonic all the way through.

It's a game you'd want to play through a number of times though, and it's definitely one of the best XBLA titles, so I'm going to buy it anyway.

sancho1983;6081605

Have just got the demo, not fussed if the glitch doesn't work eventually, … Have just got the demo, not fussed if the glitch doesn't work eventually, will probably buy it, need some more points for a halo map pack anyway.Wish you could just buy the stuff though, instead of fannying around buying points on cards and being left with some tht you can't spend on anything!!

dont get the halo map packs waste of money as halo odst will include all map pack varients:x

i can see ms banning people for this one, its just asking for it

lastlaststar;6083839

i can see ms banning people for this one, its just asking for it

But how can they tell? All you're doing is downloading a demo; you're not using any 3rd party tools nor are you saving the game or unlocking achievements, as they're all still disabled.

Original Poster

As vid has been taken down,instructions here:

1) Firstly, download the free Shadow Complex demo from Xbox Live Market Place.

2) Then, as you near the end of the demo, you will come up against a big mechanical spider. When you eventually defeat this boss and it starts exploding, keep hammering the start button.

3) Then, when it lets you, select ‘Load Last Save’ and this will enable you to bypass the point at which the demo should end and play the entire Shadow Complex game for free.

The only problem is you will not be able to save, however, as the game quite short, it is possible to complete in one sitting.

I was the first to post this here lol

A similar glitch was my undoing!!

I played through for hours, got near the end, completed a mission and went onto the next and it opened up more of the map and told me where to go. I got a bit lost so went to 'revert to last save' then it was on my last mission, but no blue thing to tell me where to go, got completly lost and had to turn off

Once you've turned it off do you have to repeat to play?

Original Poster

Yes, met-cast

paulbrannan;6086748

Yes, met-cast

Damn, paulbrannan. I have a problem I think my console's banned even though it's not modded or anything all under warranty March 2009 model any ideas? It connects to internet etc. but not Xbox Live is says cannot connect to xbox live etc.

Met-Cast;6086767

Damn, paulbrannan. I have a problem I think my console's banned even … Damn, paulbrannan. I have a problem I think my console's banned even though it's not modded or anything all under warranty March 2009 model any ideas? It connects to internet etc. but not Xbox Live is says cannot connect to xbox live etc.

Have you owned it from new? Try the "test connect" aqnd see where it is stalling. Usually you get a specific error code if it is banned.

Original Poster

Info on Live error codes here.

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…993

As alternate says though, if it's pre-owned it might have been tagged for a ban previously but just been applied now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Bearded chat1121
    2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427

See more discussions