Free SIM from Three with 200MB data per month for FREE

Posted 13th Nov 2021
"Free Mobile Broadband data, every month. Order our Data Reward SIM below, and enjoy 200MB of free data each month.
It’s perfect for your tablet or your Mobile Broadband hub."

200MB of data per month on a free SIM with zero monthly cost... yes please! I've just ordered mine. Will leave it in the car satnav for the occasions I forget to bring my phone.Also will use it initially just to test how good (or poor) the Three reception is locally....

Either way, costs nothing, so why not? - up to 5 per household, so technically you could get 1GB for free if you don't mind swapping SIMs around .
If you have tablets etc with cellular (or spare phone) why not have one in for those times you're away from wifi?

Of course the catch is when you run out, you might be tempted to pay some top up and pay to use excess data... Though they probably won't make much out the of the people on this site hehe

three.co.uk/Fre…der
Community Updates
Permanent Offers
New Comment
Top comments
Lots of reports of these Three Sims not activating. Here is the guide on how to activate them and get the 200mb free data per month. Three are aware these cards trigger the wrong APN settings so they need to be changed manually in order to connect to the activation page without reporting an error. To get to the APN settings try " settings>SIM cards and mobile networks" although it may be different on your phone

Go to the access point names for this SIM card and choose add to create a new APN. Name it Three200. Under the APN tab write 3internet and scroll down and under the APN type write default. Then save this.

Then goto this page to activate three.co.uk/fre…ata

Enjoy.
Edited by: "Holliator" 23rd Nov 2021
33 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Does anyone know if it runs out if you don't use it? I had an Asda SIM I topped up with a quid. Wanted to use it as a spare number for things like gumtree so don't get spammed on my main phone. But it got cancelled as I forgot to re top up. This sounds great though! Thanks op!
  2. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 15:43

Does anyone know if it runs out if you don't use it? I had an Asda SIM I …Does anyone know if it runs out if you don't use it? I had an Asda SIM I topped up with a quid. Wanted to use it as a spare number for things like gumtree so don't get spammed on my main phone. But it got cancelled as I forgot to re top up. This sounds great though! Thanks op!

Has to be used at least every 180 days. Mine got cancelled as I forgot. Thanks op, will order a new one
  3. Avatar
    chocci13/11/2021 16:08

Has to be used at least every 180 days. Mine got cancelled as I forgot. …Has to be used at least every 180 days. Mine got cancelled as I forgot. Thanks op, will order a new one

Thanks. So used as in just download a web page (opera mini will be great for this as compresses data at their end) or make a call / text and use some credit? I presume former but niceto double check! Awesome if can just use it to connect to internet...
    Edited by: "jameshothothot" 13th Nov 2021
  4. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 16:10

Thanks. So used as in just download a web page (opera mini will be great …Thanks. So used as in just download a web page (opera mini will be great for this as compresses data at their end) or make a call / text and use some credit? I presume former but niceto double check! Awesome if can just use it to connect to internet...

Yeah. Just connect and view a Web page. I never put any credit on it and was great for holiday use on my tablet for general browsing, emails etc.
  5. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 16:10

Thanks. So used as in just download a web page (opera mini will be great …Thanks. So used as in just download a web page (opera mini will be great for this as compresses data at their end) or make a call / text and use some credit? I presume former but niceto double check! Awesome if can just use it to connect to internet...

Just use data to load a webpage is fine. Any data traffic is counted as “use”.
  6. Avatar
    nice - think my son's tablet has a 4g sim slot so would be great for that too.
    though i imagine they take your card details and encourage you to use more than 200gb and auto top up as opposed to suddenly come to hard stop on your browsing? gotta be a catch somewhere! thouigh it does say TOP UP - suggesting it's PAYG

will order anyhow for myself! thanks again!
    Edited by: "jameshothothot" 13th Nov 2021
  7. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 16:29

nice - think my son's tablet has a 4g sim slot so would be great for that …nice - think my son's tablet has a 4g sim slot so would be great for that too.though i imagine they take your card details and encourage you to use more than 200gb and auto top up as opposed to suddenly come to hard stop on your browsing? gotta be a catch somewhere! thouigh it does say TOP UP - suggesting it's PAYG :)will order anyhow for myself! thanks again!

No catch, no card details required. Its a great offe4
  8. Avatar
    Author
    unfortunately, because it's a "permanent deal", it's been placed into the forums as opposed to a deal... so the masses won't see it and be able to benefit... or is that a good thing?
    Edited by: "jc74" 13th Nov 2021
  9. Avatar
    jc7413/11/2021 18:05

unfortunately, because it's a "permanent deal", it's been placed into the …unfortunately, because it's a "permanent deal", it's been placed into the forums as opposed to a deal... so the masses won't see it and be able to benefit... or is that a good thing?

Not a good thing as this deal isn't available all the time
  10. Avatar
    • RWG Mobile
    • 50 mins or SMS & 250MB EVERY MONTH (Just make sure you use it every month)
    It's FREE - no card details required.
  11. Avatar
    joyf453613/11/2021 18:17

RWG Mobile50 mins or SMS & 250MB EVERY MONTH (Just make sure you use it …RWG Mobile50 mins or SMS & 250MB EVERY MONTH (Just make sure you use it every month)It's FREE - no card details required.

Not heard of this do you have a link
  12. Avatar
    Can you get this as a esim?
  13. Avatar
    It's impossible to actually register the SIM, alas. I've been trying for a week, and after filling in the form it's just the same error message every time no matter what device I use.

Three say it's an issue with their system, but I'd have thought they'd fix it after a week.
  14. Avatar
    Ferris14/11/2021 07:02

It's impossible to actually register the SIM, alas. I've been trying for a …It's impossible to actually register the SIM, alas. I've been trying for a week, and after filling in the form it's just the same error message every time no matter what device I use. Three say it's an issue with their system, but I'd have thought they'd fix it after a week.

I had this problem with them last time , they say I'd ordered the wrong sim ( I didn't , I'm a certified HUKD user )but they have had this problem for a couple of months now.

Let's see if this batch is any different .
    Edited by: "gill21" 14th Nov 2021
  15. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 21:23

wales only?though when i check coverage seems to work in london?as goes to …wales only?though when i check coverage seems to work in london?as goes to EE checker?

Only works if you talk in Welsh.
  16. Avatar
    joyf453614/11/2021 08:52

Only works if you talk in Welsh.

Yaki da... Though that is not the correct spelling!!!
  17. Avatar
    Does it still work ? I had one, it worked for some time, then nothing.
    I ordered another one, but straight from the begining, it doesn't work, asking me to pay for it.
  18. Avatar
    TobyZ14/11/2021 15:40

Does it still work ? I had one, it worked for some time, then nothing.I …Does it still work ? I had one, it worked for some time, then nothing.I ordered another one, but straight from the begining, it doesn't work, asking me to pay for it.

I've had one of these sims since 2016, it still works. I've never topped it up.
    I've also got an EE sim with 100MB free every month, which I've had since 2014, and that still works.
    Edited by: "Dealier" 14th Nov 2021
  19. Avatar
    Dealier14/11/2021 17:01

I've had one of these sims since 2016, it still works. I've never topped …I've had one of these sims since 2016, it still works. I've never topped it up. I've also got an EE sim with 100MB free every month, which I've had since 2014, and that still works.

I've had one since 2015 and it still works. But the new ones I ordered last week don't work at all.
  20. Avatar
    jameshothothot13/11/2021 16:29

nice - think my son's tablet has a 4g sim slot so would be great for that …nice - think my son's tablet has a 4g sim slot so would be great for that too.though i imagine they take your card details and encourage you to use more than 200gb and auto top up as opposed to suddenly come to hard stop on your browsing? gotta be a catch somewhere! thouigh it does say TOP UP - suggesting it's PAYG :)will order anyhow for myself! thanks again!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get my new sim to work in my tablet as it does need a £2 initial top up these days but you need to register by them sending you a password via sms text

As my tablet can't receive texts, then I can't register to top up

Don't think the 3 techies have thought this through
  21. Avatar
    chocci18/11/2021 14:50

As my tablet can't receive texts, then I can't register to top up

Why don't you put the sim in a phone to register?
  22. Avatar
    chocci18/11/2021 14:50

Unfortunately, I couldn't get my new sim to work in my tablet as it does …Unfortunately, I couldn't get my new sim to work in my tablet as it does need a £2 initial top up these days but you need to register by them sending you a password via sms textAs my tablet can't receive texts, then I can't register to top upDon't think the 3 techies have thought this through

£2 initial top up required is new one on me. Can't you use mobile phone to do this? Then when registration is successfully done! insert the sim card in your tablet. There does seem to be an anomaly there and 3UK probably does expect people to use the sim card purely for data in tablets etc but it does work on my mobile phone, although the sim card was obtained quite a while back.

Dealier18/11/2021 15:02

Why don't you put the sim in a phone to register?

I am very slow at typing. Your suggestion appeared while I was typing!
    Edited by: "bwanakuba" 18th Nov 2021
  23. Avatar
    bwanakuba18/11/2021 15:06

£2 initial top up required is new one on me. Can't you use mobile phone to …£2 initial top up required is new one on me. Can't you use mobile phone to do this? Then when registration is successfully done! insert the sim card in your tablet. There does seem to be an anomaly there and 3UK probably does expect people to use the sim card purely for data in tablets etc but it does work on my mobile phone, although the sim card was obtained quite a while back.I am very slow at typing. Your suggestion appeared while I was typing!

I was being a bit dumb and noticed my tablet did have messaging capabilities which makes sense since it's an lte tablet.

Topped up and £2 credit showing and 4g signal showing and Internet all good. Hopefully, it will only use the £2 credit if I exceed the 200mb monthly limit.

Cheers
  24. Avatar
    chocci18/11/2021 18:22

I was being a bit dumb and noticed my tablet did have messaging …I was being a bit dumb and noticed my tablet did have messaging capabilities which makes sense since it's an lte tablet. Topped up and £2 credit showing and 4g signal showing and Internet all good. Hopefully, it will only use the £2 credit if I exceed the 200mb monthly limit. Cheers

200mb is a miniscule amount. I take it you will be using WiFi most of the time or using your tablet offline. I still don't understand why you were asked to make the initial top up of £2 although it's not a princely sum and will come in handy.
  25. Avatar
    bwanakuba18/11/2021 18:30

200mb is a miniscule amount. I take it you will be using WiFi most of the …200mb is a miniscule amount. I take it you will be using WiFi most of the time or using your tablet offline. I still don't understand why you were asked to make the initial top up of £2 although it's not a princely sum and will come in handy.

Oh yeah. I only use the data when on holiday / travelling where WiFi is limited. Its surprisingly useful, especially when you limit app background data usage for YouTube, Facebook etc which uses data even when not using the apps
  26. Avatar
    chocci18/11/2021 18:22

I was being a bit dumb and noticed my tablet did have messaging …I was being a bit dumb and noticed my tablet did have messaging capabilities which makes sense since it's an lte tablet. Topped up and £2 credit showing and 4g signal showing and Internet all good. Hopefully, it will only use the £2 credit if I exceed the 200mb monthly limit. Cheers

Did you actually get the 200MB to work after topping up £2? From other threads I read that people still didn't get it.
  27. Avatar
    ecuador20/11/2021 15:28

Did you actually get the 200MB to work after topping up £2? From other …Did you actually get the 200MB to work after topping up £2? From other threads I read that people still didn't get it.

Yes, works fine now although took a couple of hours to get activated after putting the credit on.
  28. Avatar
    chocci20/11/2021 15:50

Yes, works fine now although took a couple of hours to get activated after …Yes, works fine now although took a couple of hours to get activated after putting the credit on.

I think it is the registration part that flummoxes a lot of people, picking the right APN etc.

ecuador20/11/2021 15:28

Did you actually get the 200MB to work after topping up £2? From other …Did you actually get the 200MB to work after topping up £2? From other threads I read that people still didn't get it.

29. Avatar
    bwanakuba20/11/2021 16:07

I think it is the registration part that flummoxes a lot of people, …I think it is the registration part that flummoxes a lot of people, picking the right APN etc.

I have picked the 3internet APN, I go through the free 200MB registration process, enter my details and at the last step I just get Sorry we had a problem.
    I have one still working from years ago, I am trying to get one working for my partner. Haven't tried topping up, but can't see how that would help, wouldn't I still have to go through this form to get the 200MB?
  30. Avatar
    Lots of reports of these Three Sims not activating. Here is the guide on how to activate them and get the 200mb free data per month. Three are aware these cards trigger the wrong APN settings so they need to be changed manually in order to connect to the activation page without reporting an error. To get to the APN settings try " settings>SIM cards and mobile networks" although it may be different on your phone

Go to the access point names for this SIM card and choose add to create a new APN. Name it Three200. Under the APN tab write 3internet and scroll down and under the APN type write default. Then save this.

Then goto this page to activate three.co.uk/fre…ata

Enjoy.
    Edited by: "Holliator" 23rd Nov 2021
Post a comment
Discussions
Top Merchants