Groups

Free SKY 2 rooms - advice please...

Hey, i have currently got sky down stairs, i used to pay for the package but then canceled it so i only get the free channels now. I also want to have sky in my bedroom as well now, would this be possiable? Do i just have to buy an other box?

thanks

x

9 Comments

[COLOR="Magenta"]if you have sky box down stairs you can buy them av senders that plug in a scart socket and you`ll be able to watch sky in your bedroom [/COLOR]

If you mean that you want to get the free sky channels upstairs too you can just buy an av sender. Obviously you will have no control over the sky upstairs so you will have to watch the sky that is selected downstairs.

[COLOR="Magenta"]i have wire from the sky box downstairs up the wall (behind it)and into the bedroom where i have a magic eye and i can control different sky channels from downstairs upstairs [/COLOR]

Original Poster

thanlks for the replies but i want to watch different channnels from what the tv is showing downstairs. Anyone got any other ideas, thanks?

sky multiroom but you would have to pay x x

Freeview box, but obviously you would need an aerial.

you can change you lnb on sky dish to a twin or quad lnb,,then buy a cheap second hand sky box with the card,,run some sattelite coaxial from 1 of the spare outputs on lnb to upstairs room,,connect sky box and job done(you wont need to pay for multi room either)

Original Poster

scoobydoobydooo;4246360

you can change you lnb on sky dish to a twin or quad lnb,,then buy a … you can change you lnb on sky dish to a twin or quad lnb,,then buy a cheap second hand sky box with the card,,run some sattelite coaxial from 1 of the spare outputs on lnb to upstairs room,,connect sky box and job done(you wont need to pay for multi room either)

Great, thanks rep added.

SO how much would this cost and could i watch a differnt channel to the one downstairs?

2nd hand box with card approx £25(make sure its got power lead,scart lead and remote),,about £10 for a quad lnb and a couple of quid for some cable depending on length,,and yes you will be able to watch different channel to what others are atching downstairs

cheers
    scooby

Oh yeh,,almost forgot you will also need some self amalgamating tape to put round the connections on lnb to waterproof,,about £2 from screwfix
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues11
      2. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)22
      3. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?11
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid45

See more discussions