Groups

Free Sky boxes - save them from the bin!

Sky box (complete) + Sky box (stripped with damaged casing but can be rebuilt) + Sky+ HD box (no HDD but otherwise looks fine).

Genuinely untested (who has SCART anymore?)

Just want postage cost, around £6 myHermes

save them from the bin I guess. case mod project? look to have some usb headers and the sky+ box even some PC-like connections. otherwise you might be able to use them as freeview boxes idk.

17 Comments

I can't even give away mine for free on Gumtree. My last 3-4 all ended up in the local tip

Original Poster

Gollywood

I can't even give away mine for free on Gumtree. My last 3-4 all ended up … I can't even give away mine for free on Gumtree. My last 3-4 all ended up in the local tip

Damn, shame since they should work as Freeview boxes. Guess 1p eBay auction is the way to go...

tjjgo

Damn, shame since they should work as Freeview boxes. Guess 1p eBay … Damn, shame since they should work as Freeview boxes. Guess 1p eBay auction is the way to go...

how?

Otto.uk

how?

By listing it for errr 1p.

mtuk1

By listing it for errr 1p.

I think they might have meant how can you use the box as a freeview box as they need to be connected to a satellite dish to get a signal.

Edited by: "5426angela" 25th Jan

Freecycle it. I have seen There are mods to use the cases as a media pc case using laptop internals.
    Sadly you can't do much else in the way of modding them.

I believe you mean freesat. if you have an existing satellite upgrade the LNB on the end to one with as many connections as you need. connect up, away you go.

Bitofageek

I believe you mean freesat. if you have an existing satellite upgrade the … I believe you mean freesat. if you have an existing satellite upgrade the LNB on the end to one with as many connections as you need. connect up, away you go.

​If your TV has ports for satellite and a freeview tuner, you'll pick up freeview with a scan. I've done it. It's definitely not Freesat.

Thread moved to misc. Free/postage only items are not eligible for FS as they don't qualify for feedback. Thanks

Original Poster

Syzable

Thread moved to misc. Free/postage only items are not eligible for FS as … Thread moved to misc. Free/postage only items are not eligible for FS as they don't qualify for feedback. Thanks

I posted to misc and it was moved by another mod :P

tjjgo

I posted to misc and it was moved by another mod :P

(_;)

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder542/55655542.jpg

tommy6000009

​If your TV has ports for satellite and a freeview tuner, you'll pick up f … ​If your TV has ports for satellite and a freeview tuner, you'll pick up freeview with a scan. I've done it. It's definitely not Freesat.

Get Freesat

How Freesat Works

1. Choose your Freesat box or a TV with a Freesat Tuner.
    2. Connect it to your satellite dish.
    3. Sit back and relax, with over 200 subscription free TV and radio channels.

Which Freesat product is best for you?

You can get Freesat via a Freesat box or a TV with Freesat built-in.

Freesat via Dish - DVB-S
    Freeview via Aerial - DVB-T

rap451

Get FreesatHow Freesat Works1. Choose your Freesat box or a TV with a … Get FreesatHow Freesat Works1. Choose your Freesat box or a TV with a Freesat Tuner.2. Connect it to your satellite dish. 3. Sit back and relax, with over 200 subscription free TV and radio channels.Which Freesat product is best for you?You can get Freesat via a Freesat box or a TV with Freesat built-in.Freesat via Dish - DVB-SFreeview via Aerial - DVB-T

​Yes. However you can pick up freeview if your TV has only a freeview tuner with a satellite feed.

Or at least that's what I was told on the Sony forum when I thought I was getting Freesat. Seemed strange to me.

tommy6000009

​Yes. However you can pick up freeview if your TV has only a freeview t … ​Yes. However you can pick up freeview if your TV has only a freeview tuner with a satellite feed.

Total crap mate - freesat is freesat. Freeview is freeview. Totally different systems.

I think people are maybe confusing Free to Air via both Freeview and Freesat, anyway no worries.....

Essentially I personally believe
    Freesat via Dish - DVB-S
    Freeview via Aerial - DVB-T

check your local papers there is usually a guy advertises in my local, he use to pay £20 and picked it up.
    although with sky q now out the plus box might be worthless now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions