Free sky HD box and installation for existing customers without multiroom

11 replies
Found 10th Mar 2010
So i called sky this evening and i threatened to cancel with them and i managed to get a free hd box, as all customers can, but with free installation which is normally £60.00, i had to pay £15.00 over the telephone using my debit card but they have put £15.00 credit straight onto my sky account so the next direct debit payment will be £15.00 less than normal.
Not sure why they had to do it this way but i was'nt going to argue, just made sure i got all of the advisors details incase the £15.00 did not show on the account.
I did have to speak to the cancelations department but i managed to get this out of them.
It is possible you just need to speak to the right person.

11 Comments

But now you have to pay an extra £10 a month for HD, so in 6 months their "free installation" will be paid off and after that the £10 a month you pay them is profit for them.

not sure if the other offer of 12 months half price with that u can get a free sky hd box, the hd pack , plus all channels, sports and movies, might be worth a look through threads to see if its still valid, alot better than offer you were offered by sky,

wot package subcription were you on?

Original Poster

cute_feet;8072871

wot package subcription were you on?

Just a standard tv package paying £21.00 per month, which will now go to £31.00 with the HD.
Our phone and broadband are with another provider.

i took out sky world had it all including sky hd pack all sports and all movies only thing i didnt get was espn for 24,25 for 12 months loads went with that deal couple weeks ago it was on ere, just type sky half price in search assuming the codes are still working the offer said it would expire on march 18th but since so many took up offer they may have pulled it

Original Poster

guilbert53;8072850

But now you have to pay an extra £10 a month for HD, so in 6 months their … But now you have to pay an extra £10 a month for HD, so in 6 months their "free installation" will be paid off and after that the £10 a month you pay them is profit for them.

Is there any company out there that offer free HD with free box and instalation?

Original Poster

n1ttygr1tty;8072933

i took out sky world had it all including sky hd pack all sports and all … i took out sky world had it all including sky hd pack all sports and all movies only thing i didnt get was espn for 24,25 for 12 months loads went with that deal couple weeks ago it was on ere, just type sky half price in search assuming the codes are still working the offer said it would expire on march 18th but since so many took up offer they may have pulled it

Sounds like a really good deal!

]http//ww…tom
here was the offer countless people took them up looks like its expired tho, but you may get lucky and get some codes to work on the checkout page on sky, worth a try for everything half price, u norm end up paying £58 for top package including sky hd pack had it all for £24.25

jarralad86;8072973

Sounds like a really good deal!

yup certainly was

what most people did was cancel their contracts and re sign up with that offer, abviously if you have been with them for 12months , if u were still in contract its no use to you

guilbert53;8072850

But now you have to pay an extra £10 a month for HD, so in 6 months their … But now you have to pay an extra £10 a month for HD, so in 6 months their "free installation" will be paid off and after that the £10 a month you pay them is profit for them.

Huh, and the £250-300 box is not worth anything?:?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247681
    2. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74574
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming3358
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769661

See more discussions