Groups

Free Software just like Windows WORD

I am looking for a free software like Windows Word, All I have is that stupid Notebook under Accessories on my PC.

I am just trying to write a letter and need a half decent program.

Thanks

14 Comments

Wordpad. You only need Word if u cant speil.

richp;8161558

]http://www.openoffice.org/

This is great i installed it a week ago after somehow deleting word and its just the same to someone who just wants basic word processing.

g1bbuk;8161572

]ms office 10 beta.

not the best for netbooks, its actually quite a hog on resources.

Open Office I find is better than Excel

dxx;8161582

Wordpad. You only need Word if u cant speil.

+1.
    cos I can spel

awoodhall2003;8161595

not the best for netbooks, its actually quite a hog on resources.

OP didn't mention a netbook???

g1bbuk;8161663

OP didn't mention a netbook???

Course they did....not!
    I saw notebook and saw netbook, although it should read notepad actually. :thumbsup:

Abiword which is a small software about 5 megs in size and can save to many formats like word format and linux format, better for just word processing since openoffice is a complete setup

As above ,you may like to try Abiword . I downloaded this a while back but havn't tried it yet .

ABIWORD
    AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks.
    Multi Platform
    Enjoy your favorite Word Processor on the operating system you like to use - be it Windows, Linux, QNX, FreeBSD or Solaris.
    Interoperability
    AbiWord is able to read and write all industry standard document types, such as OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
    Advanced Document Layout
    Give your document that professional, scientific or fun-to-read look using AbiWord's advanced document layout options. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
    Internationalization
    AbiWord comes in many different languages. AbiWord is available in most common and many not-so-common languages. Dictionaries exist for over 30 languages.

7.92mb file size

Original Poster

Thanks all, went with Open office, 1 more question, I have an official kind of letter to send and was wondering about the layout of the letter, do I place my name and address in the top right hand corner or is it the company I am sending the letter to, I cant quite remember which.

Cheers Richp, cant give you rep cause I already have given you some, What was it for???

milewide;8165923

Thanks all, went with Open office, 1 more question, I have an official … Thanks all, went with Open office, 1 more question, I have an official kind of letter to send and was wondering about the layout of the letter, do I place my name and address in the top right hand corner or is it the company I am sending the letter to, I cant quite remember which.Cheers Richp, cant give you rep cause I already have given you some, What was it for???

your welcome :thumbsup: must have been for the £50 i lent you :whistling: not sure to be honest :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction55
      2. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?66
      4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions