Community Updates
Mark

If you are working from home due to preventative measures put in place for Coronavirus, your work routine may have been unexpectedly interrupted. Given the disruption, and to help assist people to stay home and help prevent the spread of infection, big software and tech companies have offered up their once premium services, to all users free of charge for a limited time.

I've dropped some below, just as a handy resource for those who may not be aware

Microsoft - Teams

3421221-pvXIh.jpg
Microsoft are offering free trials of their premium tier of Teams. Teams, normally a free to use service, allows users to collaborate on products via existing software, such as Word, Excel etc.

Their premium tier gives you the access to productivity apps, as well as the meeting function so you can coordinate with your team in one place, on top of the existing chat service which is free to all users.

Take a look here to learn more and sign up

Cisco - Webex

3421221-fcXH7.jpg

Cisco WebEx is the best solution to work remotely or from home, to share content and stay connected.

WebEx Meetings
WebEx Teams
WebEx Calls
WebEx Devices

- Unlimited usage (no time restrictions)
- Supports up to 100 participants
- Offers toll dial-in (in addition to existing VoIP capabilities).

help.webex.com/en-…nse (https://help.webex.com/en-us/n80v1rcb/Cisco-Webex-Available-Free-in-These-Countries-COVID-19-Response)

Take a look here

Logmein

3421221-xDozn.jpg

Logmein are offering Emergency Remote Work Kits free for 3 months. These kits will include solutions for meetings and video conferencing, webinars and virtual events, IT support and management of remote employee devices and apps, as well as remote access to devices in multiple locations. For example, the “Meet” Emergency Remote Work Kit will provide eligible organizations with a free site-wide license of GoToMeeting for 3 months. Eligible organizations include health care providers, educational institutions, municipalities and non-profit organizations.

Emergency Remote Work Kits are also available to all existing LogMeIn customers. 'We will allow current LogMeIn customers to expand their agreements with us to include GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and other tools to cover their entire employee population for up to three months at no additional cost to their current subscription. We will also be offering assistance with deploying and training users who are new to remote working.'

Take a look here

Google - Hangouts

3421221-0JRPa.jpg
Google are offering free enterprise access to hangouts to all G Suite and G Suite for Education users. That plan includes up to 250 users per call, the ability to record meetings, and livestream capabilities for up to 100,000 viewers until July 1, 2020

Take a look here

I'll try and add some more popular services should they become available in the coming days.

If you have any suggestions on any services / apps i've missed, or know of any free services that I should add to the thread, please let me know and i'll get them added ASAP
Discussions

11 Comments