Expired

Free Sony Blu-ray with My Movie Extras (Until 9th July)

Found 8th Jul 2012
This deal depends entirely on how many Blu-rays you have (maybe DVDs as well - I'm not sure).

Basically, Sony have ran a website for some time called My Movie Extras which nobody really used. You probably saw the sticker on your Blu-ray and ignored it. If you didn't then unlucky because you were generally greeted with pointless competitions rather than rewards. As a result, the site is being revamped.

Before they do that though, there is this message on the website (only viewable once you join):

IT'S TIME TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MYMOVIEXTRAS REWARD POINTS!
We've made some important changes that will reward you right now – and in the months ahead.

Part of these changes will mean that from Monday 9th July you will no longer be able to earn reward points when you enter a code. Competition points will still be collected as normal.

We want to say a big thanks to everyone who's taken the time to collect MovieXtras Reward Points. As you can see from the star-studded cast below, we've put together some great rewards for you. All you have to do is see what your points total entitles you to...then snap it up. It's as simple as that.

We're also improving your favourite movie website. You can soon look forward to more competitions, offers, news and behind-the-scenes previews coming your way.

Depending on the number of reward points you have in your account on 9 July, we'll send you one of the rewards from the list below. We'll email you to ask you for your choice once the rewards have closed – let us entertain you…

If you have any questions, please view our FAQs section or email help@mymoviextras.co.uk

1 to 199 Points

Choose a movie from a great selection of DVD, Blu-Ray, or 3D Blu-ray

200 - 399 Points

Choose one of the following gift boxes.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Book & DVD or Blu-Ray
The Vow Soundtrack & DVD or Blu-Ray
Moneyball Book & DVD or Blu-Ray

400+ Points

2 x Cinema tickets PLUS

Choose a movie from a great selection of DVD, Blu-Ray or 3D Blu-ray.

Each blu-ray is worth 100 points so if you even only have one, you'll be able to get a free film.

Oh and don't forget to add your address to your profile so they can send it to you.

Now until 12th July!
- DeanVader
Community Updates
57 Comments
Thank you for sharing this information. I have moved the thread to the Misc section as more of a heads up/information. It isn't a Freebie as you need to have made a purchase in order to benefit.
Just been through my collection, 60 blurays not 1 code. O well. I'll check the DVD layer.

Any idea how much each code is worth
ed1980

Just been through my collection, 60 blurays not 1 code. O well. I'll … Just been through my collection, 60 blurays not 1 code. O well. I'll check the DVD layer.Any idea how much each code is worth

I have just done the same & turned up the same number of codes.

Perhaps you have to buy the Blu-ray Discs at a stupid price to gain one with a sticker on the cover.

Either way, nothing in my entire collection. No wonder the site wasn't popular!
I recently bought the Spiderman Blu Ray trilogy for £9.97 which had a code worth 100 points. Thanks OP!
Edited by: "DeanVader" 8th Jul 2012
Just looked through my DVD collection (400+) not 1 code,

No wonder no one used it.
Thanks OP.

Just checked mine & I had 3 so hopefully I'll get a free blu ray out of it.

Closes tomorrow...just in time! Thanks again!
They're in the box for the latest resident evil, zookeeper and girl with a dragon tattoo off the top of my head. Each codes worth 100 points, not much time left now. I remember getting a code, expecting it to be like disneymovierewards and just been pretty disappointed. At least I'm gonna get a free blu ray (Hopefully, from what I hear the sites been run pretty poorly)
googleman91

They're in the box for the latest resident evil...

There was not a code within my Blu-ray 3D "Resident Evil: Afterlife". Bought new/sealed (from MyMemory.co.uk).

It was the first box I checked.
There's been one in every Sony movie I've bought since The Green Hornet, I've got 1,400 points.
Needs to be unexpired. They have extended the date until the 12th now for some reason!
DeanVader

Needs to be unexpired. They have extended the date until the 12th now for … Needs to be unexpired. They have extended the date until the 12th now for some reason!

Probably because the site has been flooded with everyone from here putting codes in!
DeanVader

Needs to be unexpired. They have extended the date until the 12th now … Needs to be unexpired. They have extended the date until the 12th now for some reason!

beatrixkiddo79

Probably because the site has been flooded with everyone from here … Probably because the site has been flooded with everyone from here putting codes in!

The increased advertising of the site (here & elsewhere) has probably led to increased sales in the respective products. I suspect the expiration date will be extended until the flurry of revenue continues.

According to the website they will be emailing people from the 16th of July to ask for their choice of Blu-Ray film. So make sure your account details are correct including your address!
Anyone had an email yet? My details are correct...
beatrixkiddo79

Anyone had an email yet? My details are correct...

So are mine and I'm still waiting as well.
Still waiting too...
Still waiting really want some of those golden/white slipcover movies they have
I wonder if we'll get the email before the 7th September deadline?
I emailed them on Friday requesting an update. No response as of yet!
I emailed them in the 24th and I'm still waiting as well.
Yeah, it's not looking good...
It sure ain't. I still don't have a reply from them.
Finally received my email to select my choice of movie. Went with Superbad!
Me too, I went for 21 Jump Street
I finally got the email today!!
I've not had the email!!
I got my email through today. Went with Moneyball Blu-ray. Happy with that for free, even if it did take forever!
Does anyone have the list of films available, please? Thanks!
I think the list is different depending on how many points you have. For instance, I only had 200 points and didn't have 21 Jump St or Moneyball in the list I chose from!
I had a choice of 21 Jump Street, Jack and Jill, The Vow, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball, The Smurfs, Grown Ups, The Karate Kid, Surf's Up, The Green Hornet, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Friends With Benefits, Superbad, Easy A, Battle Los Angeles, 2012, Eat Pray Love, Burlesque, The Other Guys, Hostel: Part III, The Ugly Truth, Michael Jackson's This Is It, Men In Black, Resident Evil:Afterlife, Priest and Monster House as well as 6 cinema tickets.
Besides the first 5 titles Leeese just listed and the 6 cinema tickets, that's the list I had.
DeanVader

I think the list is different depending on how many points you have. For … I think the list is different depending on how many points you have. For instance, I only had 200 points and didn't have 21 Jump St or Moneyball in the list I chose from!

Leeese

I had a choice of 21 Jump Street, Jack and Jill, The Vow, The Girl With … I had a choice of 21 Jump Street, Jack and Jill, The Vow, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball, The Smurfs, Grown Ups, The Karate Kid, Surf's Up, The Green Hornet, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Friends With Benefits, Superbad, Easy A, Battle Los Angeles, 2012, Eat Pray Love, Burlesque, The Other Guys, Hostel: Part III, The Ugly Truth, Michael Jackson's This Is It, Men In Black, Resident Evil:Afterlife, Priest and Monster House as well as 6 cinema tickets.

DeanVader

Besides the first 5 titles Leeese just listed and the 6 cinema tickets, … Besides the first 5 titles Leeese just listed and the 6 cinema tickets, that's the list I had.

Many thanks to all of you. I have liked all your posts! Particular thanks to Leeese for taking the time and trouble to type out a pretty long list. (And thanks to the OP too.)
I mean many thanks to both of you, I just realised that there are 2 of you, not 3, lol.
Has anybody received anything yet?
Leeese

Has anybody received anything yet?

No, I haven't.

I emailed them and got a really snotty reply telling me that "all rewards [were] dispatched by the end of September, but will arrive by the end of October."

I replied yesterday by saying that it was the end of October, that was sent in the morning and I haven't heard anything back since.

I'm suspecting that the rewards were never sent out, and they had no intention of fullfilling them - look at how the reward system kept being changed and dates constantly ammended.

I'll be really surprised if I receive anything.
bullhorn

No, I haven't.I emailed them and got a really snotty reply telling me … No, I haven't.I emailed them and got a really snotty reply telling me that "all rewards [were] dispatched by the end of September, but will arrive by the end of October."I replied yesterday by saying that it was the end of October, that was sent in the morning and I haven't heard anything back since.I'm suspecting that the rewards were never sent out, and they had no intention of fullfilling them - look at how the reward system kept being changed and dates constantly ammended.I'll be really surprised if I receive anything.

I looked on another forum an some people started to receive their blu rays on the 27th. I still have nothing and am waiting on a reply from them too. We'll probably be lucky if they arrive before Christmas.
Leeese

I looked on another forum an some people started to receive their blu … I looked on another forum an some people started to receive their blu rays on the 27th. I still have nothing and am waiting on a reply from them too. We'll probably be lucky if they arrive before Christmas.

Fingers crossed then that we actually get our rewards.

Let me know if you get yours, or if you get a reply from them and I'll do the same.
bullhorn

Fingers crossed then that we actually get our rewards.Let me know if you … Fingers crossed then that we actually get our rewards.Let me know if you get yours, or if you get a reply from them and I'll do the same.

Yeah hopefully we will get them.

Sure I'll let you know. Hate this waiting game.
No luck today either, postman has been and gone.
I've tried sending another email to them but I wonder if they have shut it down now because no automated reply comes through as it used to up until 31st October.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants