Free supplement/general fitness advice

Posted 1st Jan
So January is here and no doubt people racing to join the other January starters in gym but don't waste your money this January on dud products, fads and false promises.

If you want any advice or opinions on supplements and general fitness then just ask a question below because i don't like seeing people get ripped off when they're trying to better themselves.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

20 Comments
deleted1965997
If I sit down all day with an ab belt on, Will I get absolutely shredded abs?
deleted196599701/01/2020 18:00

If I sit down all day with an ab belt on, Will I get absolutely shredded …If I sit down all day with an ab belt on, Will I get absolutely shredded abs?

Nope
Why aren't my biceps growing as a 17 year old but I'm seeing gains all around otherwise
deals6901/01/2020 18:04

Why aren't my biceps growing as a 17 year old but I'm seeing gains all …Why aren't my biceps growing as a 17 year old but I'm seeing gains all around otherwise

Questions

How much do you weigh?
How much do you eat in callories?
How much protein do you usually have?
What supplements do you take?
How often do you train?
Do you train with what you feel is correct form?

One thing I'd say is firstly, your very young interms of your body and i personality wouldn't worry too much about your biceps unless you want to compete on stage, focus on your main compound lifts, just like calfs, biceps can take a long time to grow and build but one tip I'd say is make sure your recovery is good and to focus on the contraction of the bicep, squeeze the muscle at the top of a curl to aid muscle hypertrophy
Edited by: "Jordan_Taylor" 1st Jan
Is it fair to say that the supplement industry on the whole is total BS & that #repsforjesus is a totally awesome expression?
JumpMan198001/01/2020 19:10

Is it fair to say that the supplement industry on the whole is total BS & …Is it fair to say that the supplement industry on the whole is total BS & that #repsforjesus is a totally awesome expression?

Not at all, the supplement industry is like any industry and has people who produce terrible products and some people that make products based on clinical research and without killing your bank balance.

Pre workouts have a bad reputation of being "just caffeine" because alot of people buy ones that are £5 from home bargains lol. But if you paid £25 you'd get one that really would aid your workout etc.
deleted196599701/01/2020 18:00

If I sit down all day with an ab belt on, Will I get absolutely shredded …If I sit down all day with an ab belt on, Will I get absolutely shredded abs?

I found teaming this with lifting beers to my mouth an incredible workout.
Only thing I would say is avoid Maltitol as a sweetener. It spikes blood glucose pretty much the same way as sugar does, and is used in a lot of 'low carb' products.
Edited by: "guru404" 1st Jan
Hi Jordan,
What would you recommend to increase energy down the gym? Is pre-work out beneficial and assist in loosing weight? I'm finding I get tired quite quickly.
Looking for the best preworkout? Something I can take after a 12 month shift that will last for an hour/2 and not disturb my sleep.
flang01/01/2020 21:13

Hi Jordan,What would you recommend to increase energy down the gym? Is …Hi Jordan,What would you recommend to increase energy down the gym? Is pre-work out beneficial and assist in loosing weight? I'm finding I get tired quite quickly.

A pre workout can help the energy side of the things but won't help weight loss as that is only possible via a callorie deficit. If you are after a cheap pre workout that will help you train harder and for longer that's not too powerful i would suggest stimumax pre workout which i believe is £25 for 30 servings and this is great for "beginners to pre workout" it's got clinical dosages and nice flavours like fruit salad.
stromsports.com/pro…max
Remember just 1 scoop, try half a scoop first go if you are sensitive to caffeine.
Pitbikeboy01/01/2020 21:16

Looking for the best preworkout? Something I can take after a 12 month …Looking for the best preworkout? Something I can take after a 12 month shift that will last for an hour/2 and not disturb my sleep.

There isn't a best pre workout as the best to me may be what makes another person throw up.

If you want a pre workout which will alow you to sleep which has stimulants in I'd say stimumax pro which is £30 for 30 servings and will aid focus. gympower.co.uk/pro…330

Another pre workout which isn't too strong and like stimumax pro, can be used daily if you really wanted to would be redcon1 total war which is on sale for just over £20 gympower.co.uk/col…92g

If you want a non stimulant pre workout I'd suggest vascumax pro gympower.co.uk/pro…s=r
Or Redcon1 Big Noise cardiffsportsnutrition.co.uk/col…ise

I picked the above because they are not super powerful but can be used daily and shouldn't effect sleep.
Do any of the test boosters work?
nora_girl01/01/2020 23:37

Comment deleted

Yup, test boosters don't really work and even the best ones will only have a small effect if your test levels are way below what they're meant to be, if you feel your test is lower than normal then visit your gp and they'll be able to help.
Jordan_Taylor01/01/2020 21:34

A pre workout can help the energy side of the things but won't help weight …A pre workout can help the energy side of the things but won't help weight loss as that is only possible via a callorie deficit. If you are after a cheap pre workout that will help you train harder and for longer that's not too powerful i would suggest stimumax pre workout which i believe is £25 for 30 servings and this is great for "beginners to pre workout" it's got clinical dosages and nice flavours like fruit salad.https://www.stromsports.com/products/strom-presents-stimumaxRemember just 1 scoop, try half a scoop first go if you are sensitive to caffeine.

Strom Sports Nutrition perhaps need to edit the video footage embedded (from YouTube.com) on that page to remove Richard Foster's audio right at the end...

fanpages02/01/2020 11:15

Strom Sports Nutrition perhaps need to edit the video footage embedded … Strom Sports Nutrition perhaps need to edit the video footage embedded (from YouTube.com) on that page to remove Richard Foster's audio right at the end...[Video]

He's aware
fanpages02/01/2020 11:15

Strom Sports Nutrition perhaps need to edit the video footage embedded …Strom Sports Nutrition perhaps need to edit the video footage embedded (from YouTube.com) on that page to remove Richard Foster's audio right at the end...[Video]

Jordan_Taylor02/01/2020 11:22

He's aware

Ah... will you be the Jordan Taylor in the review comments on this product page, then?

[ gympower.co.uk/pro…50g ]
fanpages02/01/2020 11:25

Ah... will you be the Jordan Taylor in the review comments on this product …Ah... will you be the Jordan Taylor in the review comments on this product page, then?[ https://gympower.co.uk/products/xplosiveapexeditionpre-workout450g ]

Yeah that's me, it's a good pre workout
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants