FREE table service at some MCDONALD's

Found 9th May
Select your order, advise your seating zone, wait and hope your order turns up correct and complete..... Good times. Great for single parents, when queuing up is a nightmare.... don't forget you also get a free hot drink if you collect your stickers! Please the clown.
Community Updates
28 Comments
What's the deal? 😏
Cold... no longer fast food
JustinGabriel1 m ago

What's the deal? 😏

Sorry just seen another McDonalds about the free drinks, couldn't resist one about free table service, the deal is free table service.
yes, and then watch all the folks who have waited by the tills to collect your order, cruise past and start scoffing. Great idea, tried it, poor execution, fail. As cold as a day old Big Mac.
This isn't a deal it's available in pretty much every single McDonald's and has been for ages
It’s been that for years.
Leedavis198750 s ago

Cold... no longer fast food

but isn't that due to staff?
Last week the lady in costa brought the coffee to my table! Should I post it as a deal?
HUX12 m ago

Last week the lady in costa brought the coffee to my table! Should I post …Last week the lady in costa brought the coffee to my table! Should I post it as a deal?

Yes surely do so, you never know who on hukd doesn't know about these things
Moved to misc as info post, thanks.
No, it's not quite the same. Some outlets with the self-order screens allow you to select a marked seating area to wait for your un-waitress service. I think its just a way to move the hoardes of waiting customers away from the till area, since there seem to half as many employees in these places.
I've found ordering on the touch screen a nightmare. Ok if you only want a meal but try and order several meals for kids with all the 'no lettuce' 'this or that drink' and all the variables.
Fabulous for the fatties too lazy to walk to the counter to order their junk food
mrty49 m ago

I've found ordering on the touch screen a nightmare. Ok if you only want a …I've found ordering on the touch screen a nightmare. Ok if you only want a meal but try and order several meals for kids with all the 'no lettuce' 'this or that drink' and all the variables.

sounds like a job in mcdonalds would be too advanced for you
brilly1 h, 38 m ago

sounds like a job in mcdonalds would be too advanced for you

It may well be, though I'm referring to the time it takes to actually go through the menu to actually place the order. Much quicker to say it out loud than to pull and drag the unresponsive screen, then when you select something (or try to) hi are pecking at it like a demented woodpecker until it finally condescends to accept your selection. One down five to go......
mrty3 h, 46 m ago

I've found ordering on the touch screen a nightmare. Ok if you only want a …I've found ordering on the touch screen a nightmare. Ok if you only want a meal but try and order several meals for kids with all the 'no lettuce' 'this or that drink' and all the variables.

It’s easy to do that, just configure it.
cmdr_elito7 h, 1 m ago

It’s easy to do that, just configure it.

Please explain
psychobitchfromhell10 h, 33 m ago

Fabulous for the fatties too lazy to walk to the counter to order their …Fabulous for the fatties too lazy to walk to the counter to order their junk food

dont they just deliveroo their order?
mrty49 m ago

Please explain

Just click on the item you want to edit once you have added all the meal components before adding to the sort of basket and it lists all its components and you can take away what you don’t want.
cmdr_elito1 h, 33 m ago

Just click on the item you want to edit once you have added all the meal …Just click on the item you want to edit once you have added all the meal components before adding to the sort of basket and it lists all its components and you can take away what you don’t want.

Yes, just press 'customise' before adding the item to basket (should be in the top right-hand corner near the image of the menu item). Tick and untick the boxes. It's really easy
jamie01530 m ago

Yes, just press 'customise' before adding the item to basket (should be in …Yes, just press 'customise' before adding the item to basket (should be in the top right-hand corner near the image of the menu item). Tick and untick the boxes. It's really easy

Yes I realise that, it's just so long winded when you need 5 crappy happy meals, all different, plus 3 adult meals, made worse by the unresponsive touch screen. So much easier to talk to a human who can press buttons on their responsive till.
mrty57 m ago

Yes I realise that, it's just so long winded when you need 5 crappy happy …Yes I realise that, it's just so long winded when you need 5 crappy happy meals, all different, plus 3 adult meals, made worse by the unresponsive touch screen. So much easier to talk to a human who can press buttons on their responsive till.

With practice you’ll get quicker at doing it.
JustinGabriel15 h, 43 m ago

What's the deal? 😏

We need more people to waiter other British eaters. Good for people with limited mobility, heavy shopping, kids etc.
cmdr_elito14 m ago

With practice you’ll get quicker at doing it.

And fatter.....
mrty8 h, 47 m ago

Yes I realise that, it's just so long winded when you need 5 crappy happy …Yes I realise that, it's just so long winded when you need 5 crappy happy meals, all different, plus 3 adult meals, made worse by the unresponsive touch screen. So much easier to talk to a human who can press buttons on their responsive till.

When I order on self-service, the screen responds fine at many branches. Your McDonald's must have a seriously messed up screen!
I'll just get my own heart disease burger from the counter, the staff already look absurdly overworked.
mrty10th May

Do you have fat fingers? It's a genuine question as I have "normal" ones and have no issues with the touchscreens you describe?
Welcome to 2015!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions