Expired

Free TalkTalk Mobile Cancellation When Moving To O2

Found 16th Dec 2017
My wife kept going over her 3GB limit on her TalkTalk Mobile sim only and the highest data "Booster" available is 500mb for £5, which let's be honest, is sweet FA. So after 2 months of £20+ of extra charges on the account, I decided to just bite the bullet and ring to ask for the PAC code, I was willing to pay the £80+ early termination fees. But to my surprise the customer service rep told me that if the number was moved to O2 the early termination charges would be waived.
With the 20GB for £20 deal on at the minute with O2 + cashback from Quidco it would out to the equivalent of £15.83 a month. TCB also have cashback but at a slightly lower amount of £45 for the £20 tarrif. Plus O2 actually has 4G, unlike TalkTalk which have yet to implement this.
Hope this helps someone that's looking to shed themselves of the abomination that is TalkTalk.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Good tip.

Not the free cancellation, just generally running a mile from TalkTalk
The sooner TalkTalk goes bankrupt the better
BadMoonRyzen4 m ago

The sooner TalkTalk goes bankrupt the better

They used to be a good about 4 or 5 years ago, when they were a smaller company. I think rapid growth turned them into a shambles, and these sorts of companies have a habit of hiring people from bigger companies who just implement the same errors that their previous employers had.

Took me 3.5 years to get my account credit refunded from them, and had all sorts of bother with them a year ago when I tried to get away following their 3rd price rise in 9 months on a 'fixed' contract.
I am with Talktalk and leaving next month as they wont even allow me to view my mobile bill - you have to have broadband with them to be allowed to sign onto their network to view your own account!!!!! NEVER heard of such a shambles in this day and age.

Tried to tell me to go to 02 but felt reluctant to go to anyone they recommended.
chuffedfox7 h, 48 m ago

They used to be a good about 4 or 5 years ago, when they were a smaller …They used to be a good about 4 or 5 years ago, when they were a smaller company. I think rapid growth turned them into a shambles, and these sorts of companies have a habit of hiring people from bigger companies who just implement the same errors that their previous employers had.Took me 3.5 years to get my account credit refunded from them, and had all sorts of bother with them a year ago when I tried to get away following their 3rd price rise in 9 months on a 'fixed' contract.

they weren't good at all in my experience, kept having a service that weas none existent and blamed everyone and their mother about the problem before admitting fault, problem vanished as soon as they did.
Felicitous2 m ago

they weren't good at all in my experience, kept having a service that weas …they weren't good at all in my experience, kept having a service that weas none existent and blamed everyone and their mother about the problem before admitting fault, problem vanished as soon as they did.

I spent ages getting bills even after I left them. They kept making up things to try and charge me for.

Worst customer service ever. Full stop.
chuffedfox3 m ago

I spent ages getting bills even after I left them. They kept making up …I spent ages getting bills even after I left them. They kept making up things to try and charge me for. Worst customer service ever. Full stop.

I never trust any company that intentionally lies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants