Free tap water in every Wetherspoons public house

Posted 21st Jul 2019
Soon to be added as a selectable item within the Wetherspoon app, but don’t feel embarrassed to ask - Wetherspoon will serve free tap water with ice to anyone who requests it and fill up your reusable bottle if preferred.

There are a number of people who don’t realise and will order a drink with their food thinking they are obliged to pay for a drink when they can get tap water free of charge.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Similar requirements for all establishments serving alcohol throughout the country.
wayners21/07/2019 18:45

Wetherspoons have a glass and water dispenser on the bar somewhere until …Wetherspoons have a glass and water dispenser on the bar somewhere until 7pm in most of their pubs.. Always ask if not there or can't find it. Don't forget unlimited tea or coffee for £1.25 available to. What's not to like

The smell
14 Comments
Similar requirements for all establishments serving alcohol throughout the country.
Wetherspoons have a glass and water dispenser on the bar somewhere until 7pm in most of their pubs for a few years now. Other pubs and eating places do the same we have found. Always ask if not there or can't find the water. Don't forget unlimited tea or coffee for £1.25 available to in spoons. What's not to like
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Jul 2019
wayners21/07/2019 18:45

Wetherspoons have a glass and water dispenser on the bar somewhere until …Wetherspoons have a glass and water dispenser on the bar somewhere until 7pm in most of their pubs.. Always ask if not there or can't find it. Don't forget unlimited tea or coffee for £1.25 available to. What's not to like

The smell
Ha ha.. Yeah... Some ain't the best
There are load of pubs that do and there is a app you can get which tells you local places too
@chipstick

You said, "There are a number of people who don’t realise and will order a drink with their food thinking they are obliged to pay for a drink when they can get tap water free of charge."

Did you just find out free water in 'Spoon?
Soda water is free in there anyway isn't it.
splender21/07/2019 22:17

@chipstick You said, "There are a number of people who don’t realise and w …@chipstick You said, "There are a number of people who don’t realise and will order a drink with their food thinking they are obliged to pay for a drink when they can get tap water free of charge."Did you just find out free water in 'Spoon?

No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing many people in awe of a recent three stating Sainsburys have always provided free air at their filling stations, I thought I’d see how this went down
chipstick22/07/2019 08:18

No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing m …No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing many people in awe of a recent three stating Sainsburys have always provided free air at their filling stations, I thought I’d see how this went down

This is a bit different though.

Sainsbury’s is one supermarket offering free Air not all do, nor are they obligated to do

However all pubs need to provide free tap water it’s the law as quoted by @splender
chipstick22/07/2019 08:18

No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing m …No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing many people in awe of a recent three stating Sainsburys have always provided free air at their filling stations, I thought I’d see how this went down

You said, "..No it’s always been fairly obvious to me personally - but after seeing many people in awe of a recent...free air at Sainsburys " however, your title says, "Free tap water in every Wetherspoons public house."

and then, you said, "Wetherspoon will serve free tap water with ice to anyone who requests it and fill up your reusable bottle if preferred."

Then, since you know better, why just name "Wetherspoons," when you could generalise to, " pubs, bars, nightclubs, cafes, restaurants, takeaway food and drink outlets, cinemas, theatres, and even village and community halls - so long as they are authorised to serve alcohol."
No harm in letting people know... but if I go to a pub I want alcohol..
Thanks I never realised this, I always order a soft drink cos I feel obliged to, , but will be asking for water now, what about other places that serve alcohol, ie Rileys pool bar?
Technically the licensing conditions men they only have to provide free tap water to customers.

Being listed on the refill app and offering water to people not buying anything else is going above and beyond their legal obligations.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants