Free Tech Advice on Offer here

Posted 15th Dec 2019
So I'm not the most qualified person to be offering this, but I love helping people out with tech (and I know there are a lot of people out there who like helping too), so, if you have any questions (there aren't any stupid questions, you don't know till you know) then ask them on here and I'm sure between myself and the tech wizards on here, we'll offer advice*

*it is just advice, often there is no right or wrong, just a different way
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Appreciated, will save post. Thanks op
Nice one, Stompin89.

If there's one thing "Ask" isn't short of - it's tech related troubles! Hehe.

All the best, Phsy.
Hi stompin89, I'll be the 1st but tried a few things already. Got a shark steam mop that's not emmiting any steam. The body is getting warm but no steam coming out at all. Tried descaling the nozzles and currently there is descale in the water housing although I'm not too hopeful. Any suggestions much appreciated.
Edited by: "kramvic" 15th Dec 2019
kramvic15/12/2019 11:04

Hi stompin89, I'll be the 1st but tried a few things already. Got a shark …Hi stompin89, I'll be the 1st but tried a few things already. Got a shark steam mop that's not emmiting any steam. The body is getting warm but no steam coming out at all. Tried descaling the nozzles and currently there is descale in the water housing although I'm not too hopeful. Any suggestions much appreciated.

What model do you have? Weirdly I actually have a shark mop! But I know there's so many. Haven't come across an issue with mine but won't say I never will! Add your model number and if it's the same I'll have a look 😝
kramvic15/12/2019 11:04

Hi stompin89, I'll be the 1st but tried a few things already. Got a shark …Hi stompin89, I'll be the 1st but tried a few things already. Got a shark steam mop that's not emmiting any steam. The body is getting warm but no steam coming out at all. Tried descaling the nozzles and currently there is descale in the water housing although I'm not too hopeful. Any suggestions much appreciated.

I have a Shark Mop and had exactly the same problem. Check to make sure the pipe going from the water chamber to the steam outlet is fitted correctly. Mine came loose so the steam was just heating the chamber but not coming out. Sounds simple but worth a try!
Stompin8915/12/2019 11:16

What model do you have? Weirdly I actually have a shark mop! But I know …What model do you have? Weirdly I actually have a shark mop! But I know there's so many. Haven't come across an issue with mine but won't say I never will! Add your model number and if it's the same I'll have a look 😝

It's the Shark klik n flip.
Thanks.
tomassymonds15/12/2019 11:28

I have a Shark Mop and had exactly the same problem. Check to make sure …I have a Shark Mop and had exactly the same problem. Check to make sure the pipe going from the water chamber to the steam outlet is fitted correctly. Mine came loose so the steam was just heating the chamber but not coming out. Sounds simple but worth a try!

Yep read that somewhere, tried to take it apart. I have the correct screwdriver bits but they are too wide to fit down the channel. Will clean the descale out and try, if not will dig deeper in my toolboxes and see if I have a slimline screwdriver that will fit.
Thank you.
tardytortoise15/12/2019 11:24

Hey StompinHow about joining the volunteers …Hey StompinHow about joining the volunteers herehttps://abilitynet.org.uk/https://abilitynet.org.uk/at-home/join-our-volunteersYou would be made most welcome

Awesome. I'll fill my application in tonight!
kramvic15/12/2019 11:34

It's the Shark klik n flip. Thanks.

Eek. Same as ours then. Not really sure I can mention anything more, but what I would say is Shark have always really surprised me when I've got in touch with their customer service so I'd give that a go. Is it getting hot up to the nozzle or is it just hot in the chamber?
Stompin8915/12/2019 12:38

Eek. Same as ours then. Not really sure I can mention anything more, but …Eek. Same as ours then. Not really sure I can mention anything more, but what I would say is Shark have always really surprised me when I've got in touch with their customer service so I'd give that a go. Is it getting hot up to the nozzle or is it just hot in the chamber?

It's hot in the chamber, just ordered some slimline security torx bits so will take it apart and have a play. Thanks anyway.
kramvic15/12/2019 12:44

It's hot in the chamber, just ordered some slimline security torx bits so …It's hot in the chamber, just ordered some slimline security torx bits so will take it apart and have a play. Thanks anyway.

Sorry! Well this is going well! 0% success rate so far! Whoop whoop!
100% in the responses
Hope your around when we set my son's pc up.great to know help is out there.all the best stompin
joosh15/12/2019 14:46

Hope your around when we set my son's pc up.great to know help is out …Hope your around when we set my son's pc up.great to know help is out there.all the best stompin

Now that's my bag! You building the PC or is it a prebuilt PC?
Stompin8915/12/2019 14:48

Now that's my bag! You building the PC or is it a prebuilt PC?

pre-built,but i dont have a clue what goes where,ie cables.so i might need some help.cheers
hi stompin,i would appreciate your help,got a pc and my lad is playing fortnite,his mic is wired he can hear but he cant talk to others,any clues thanks
joosh25/12/2019 20:36

hi stompin,i would appreciate your help,got a pc and my lad is playing …hi stompin,i would appreciate your help,got a pc and my lad is playing fortnite,his mic is wired he can hear but he cant talk to others,any clues thanks

Hey! Any idea if the PC is recognising that there's a mic? Could be it just thinks you've put in headphones.

Here's a link that will explain it better than I but if you need me to break it down anymore for you give me a shout:
support.microsoft.com/en-…ues
Stompin8925/12/2019 20:40

Hey! Any idea if the PC is recognising that there's a mic? Could be it …Hey! Any idea if the PC is recognising that there's a mic? Could be it just thinks you've put in headphones.Here's a link that will explain it better than I but if you need me to break it down anymore for you give me a shout:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4034886/accessories-headset-troubleshooting-microphone-issues

thanks for helping,i will take a look merry xmas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions