Groups

FREE TV on Your PC or Laptop!!!

Zattoo is real TV on your PC and its absolutely free. It's the football game as you chat, the news as you email, and your favorite soap as you pay your bills. Zattoo is also TV when you don't have a TV - it's the channels you want, when you want, where you want.

What is Zattoo?
    Zattoo has developed a software program that allows you to watch TV on your computer. All you need is a broadband connection and a current operating system (Windows XP or Vista, Mac OS X, or Linux). The service is legal and free of charge.

To watch live TV on your PC, simply download the Zattoo Player, register, and get channel-surfing! If you run into any problems, take a look at our FAQ section.

Where can I use Zattoo?
    Zattoo is currently available in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK. Well be launching in new countries and continents soon, so check back frequently.

Is Zattoo really free of charge?
    Yes. You can download the Zattoo Player for free, and it also doesnt cost you anything to use Zattoo to watch TV.

Is Zattoo really legal?
    Yes. Zattoo acquires the rights to retransmit the channels separately for each country we launch in. It takes a lot of legwork (read: flight miles and sizzling phone lines) to collect the necessary rights to transmit the channels. Unlike the fast food world, the media world doesnt operate on a global basis, so if we acquire the rights to carry a French TV channel in Switzerland, say, we dont automatically get the right to carry it also in France or Germany.

All of this doesnt deter us, of course. Chances actually are that were talking to a broadcaster somewhere right now, as you are reading this. So stay tuned for more channels in Z-countries and a launch in countries that havent been zattooed yet.

How does it work?
    Zattoo is a peer-to-peer application. This means that the data is not streamed from one central server to all users watching a certain program, but flows from one user to the next, thus also using the computing power of the users computers. The technology is based on research done by Sugih Jamin and Wenjie Wang at the University of Michigan and is optimized to stream live content.

Other technical data:

Resolution: 352x288 (wide screen: 480x288)
    Downstream rate: 500 Kbits/second
    Video-Codec: H.264

Whos behind it?
    Zattoo was founded in 2005 by Sugih Jamin, Beat Knecht, and Wenjie Wang. The three co-founders are supported by a team of currently around 50 people, stationed in Ann Arbor, USA, and Zurich, Switzerland.

zattoo.com/

14 Comments

what channels can you watch?

Original Poster

sarbjeet_;2511585

what channels can you watch?

Here's the link for the channel section on the site zattoo.com/en/…els all you now have to do is look :whistling:

The following 29 channels are available in United Kingdom:
    Channel Language Genre
    ABC News Now, English News
    Al Jazeera Arabic, Arabic News
    AutoMoto TV, German, English General
    BBC Four, English Entertainment
    BBC News, English News
    BBC One, English General
    BBC Parliament, English Politics
    BBC Three, English Entertainment
    BBC Two, English General
    Bloomberg UK, English Business
    CBBC, English Kids
    CBeebies, English Kids
    Channel 4, English General
    Channel 5, English General
    Community Channel, English General
    Deutsche Welle, English, German News
    EuroNews, French News
    France 24, English English News
    France 24, French French News
    HTV, English General
    Information TV, English News
    ITV1, English General
    Russia Today , English News
    SF info, German News
    STV , English General
    sumo.tv , English Entertainment
    TeleZuri , German General
    The Poker Channel , English Lifestyle
    Ulster TV, English General

pinkmelonsmr2;2511603

Here's the link for the channel section on the site … Here's the link for the channel section on the site http://zattoo.com/en/tv-channels all you now have to do is look :whistling:

thanks looks good to me voted hot.

thnx gr8 find voted hot just be nice to get some sky channels in the list......

Has anyone loaded this up yet and watched anything.
    If so, is it any good, is it watchable?

i watched bbc1 just now while watching real tv and it is about 2seconds out of sync so very good if u ask me

Tried watching the euros on it, awful quality when so many people watching the same channel.

Forgot about this, friend told me about it.

Just giving a go now...

Great list of channels.

Now to upgrade the download limit at mums! Can use it at dads though.

Hot!

Matt

There should be a hd version of this or a large resolution quality version, but good start for a free tv!

downloaded and looks good to me, voted hot

I have moved this to the misc forum, a link to a site is not really a freebie.

Banned

Jumpingphil;2511734

Has anyone loaded this up yet and watched anything.If so, is it any good, … Has anyone loaded this up yet and watched anything.If so, is it any good, is it watchable?

I've had it for a while now and watched a lot of Euro 2008 on it. It does stall now and again for buffering but at least you can have it on in the corner whilst still surfin the net. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the linky.
    Very useful addon to my befroom rig :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876398
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373

See more discussions