Posted 17 August 2018

Free UNIDAYS account for Uni/College staff

Just a heads up as some people may not know about this. If you are a University/College/Sixth Form staff member (or are friends with someone who is)and have an academic email address (i.e. it ends .ac.uk), you can set yourself up a free UNIDAYS student account (also works on StudentBeans too using a similar process). This is for any staff, so not just lecturers etc. but support staff, clerical staff, any staff who have a .ac.uk email.

Step by step guide

1 . Visit Unidays

2. Click Join now and set up an account using your email address (doesn't have to be your academic email at this point)

3. After doing your email preferences, choose your institution where you work, and choose a course (Type in any course name, such as Mathematics, Engineering, Nursing etc.). I then choose 1 for year of study and 3 for course length then click continue

4. Depending on the institution you've chosen, it will either ask you for an email address or you will be given the option to verify via your learning portal.
  • If it just asks for your email, provide your academic/institutional email and click send email
  • If it asks you to login to your learning portal, do not click launch portal. Instead, click on the try alternative method button. This will then give you the option to verify by email, at which point provide your academic/institutional email and click send email

5. Verify your account by clicking through from the email you receive. If you don't get an email, follow the on screen instructions.

UNIDAYS/Studentbeans are great for online student discounts (also things like half price spotify too!), but also work in shops too. All you need to do is download the app for smartphone, and one you login and set up, you will have a digital student ID card.

The Get deal link at the top will take you direct to the UNIDAYS website

myunidays.com/GB/…-GB
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    deleted147109817/08/2018 17:32

I know that I have all of it. It’s widely known about in institutions.

That's the thing though, not everyone does know. Loads of my colleagues were unaware and I know other others at my local universities that don't either so just thought I'd spread the word a bit more
    Author
    krazie200420/08/2018 14:30

Do you know how to get an account on Student beans?

Yeah, you just sign up with your personal email then on the next stage enter Institution and year of grad ( i put 3 years later) then provide your academic email to confirm
    i find unidays much better than nus extra
    You can also sign up for

Apple education discounts
    Dell student discounts
    HP student store discounts

Etc etc
    I didn't know this. I tried a while back with the portal login thing and it didn't accept me. Thanks OP
    Yep and you can apply for NUS too.
    Author
    deleted147109817/08/2018 15:59

Yep and you can apply for NUS too.

You have to pay for NUS though, this is free
    DanCole8917/08/2018 16:05

You have to pay for NUS though, this is free

I know that I have all of it. It’s widely known about in institutions.
    DanCole8917/08/2018 19:17

That's the thing though, not everyone does know. Loads of my colleagues …That's the thing though, not everyone does know. Loads of my colleagues were unaware and I know other others at my local universities that don't either so just thought I'd spread the word a bit more

Ours have it all mentioned on the staff benefits pages.
    deleted147109817/08/2018 20:12

Ours have it all mentioned on the staff benefits pages.

Do you know how to get an account on Student beans?
    DanCole8920th Aug

Yeah, you just sign up with your personal email then on the next stage …Yeah, you just sign up with your personal email then on the next stage enter Institution and year of grad ( i put 3 years later) then provide your academic email to confirm

Great. Thank you.
's avatar