Free view box not accepted for return at argos

Found 30th Jan
I purchased a free view box from argos. Should have bought a free Sat so tried to return it within the time on the receipt. They would not accept as the box had been opened as they said they could not resell. It says nothing of this on receipt or website. I phoned helpline and they said to try another store to return but said managers decision was final. I have written a letter of campaign but 1 month has passed and I have had no reply. Returns policy says no food or certain items of jewellery may be returned... Any thoughts??
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Unless the item was specifically excluded from their returns policy (something you'll need to check the catalog for), then their return policy forms part of the contract of sale, which is something a manager cannot decide their way out of. Check to see if it was eligible for return under the terms specified, and if it was, give them one more chance to accept it back. If they refuse, take a note of the name of who refused you, and speak with your bank for a chargeback. Submitting a formal complaint won't help you at all, but it'd be a nice FU to the manager, so it's worth doing it anyway.
Take it to another store and tell em its faulty (make something up) they wont check it.
regards
Freeview box's used to be excluded from the 30 day return during the switch over. But can't see no exclusion on the website under small print now.

If it's faulty it can be returned regardless.
If it's opened, used and not faulty (Change of mind) they should not have to refund you. I'm sure it says somewhere that it must be unopened to obtain a refund in a set timescale. I have not looked to confirm as of yet
Tell them it's faulty, you'll get a unopened box, return that one and say you've changed your mind.
Thanks everyone... I only wanted to exchange it for a freesat humax box and pay the extra. It was for a home in France so it would never have worked anyway.
My Mum bought a freeview box instead of a freesat box from Argos by mistake before xmas. It had been opened if I recall correctly, because she wanted to see how small and cute it was (sigh). It was also how I released she had bought the wrong thing.

We took it back to Argos, I explained for her that she had made a mistake because she didn't understand the difference (true). They weren't terribly pleased, but they did let us exchange it for a freesat box without too much hassle. However we did return it within a couple of hours after the original purchase. I don't know how long you waited.

I don't really have any advice for you, but wanted to let you know that it doesn't appear to be their policy not to take a freeview box back in this situation.

Perhaps contact them via Twitter. Sometimes a bit of public fuss helps, seeing as you have already made a complaint.
Sheena1115 h, 46 m ago

Thanks everyone... I only wanted to exchange it for a freesat humax box …Thanks everyone... I only wanted to exchange it for a freesat humax box and pay the extra. It was for a home in France so it would never have worked anyway.

I think it would, if you pointed your dish to the right direction. I might be wrong though...

dishpointer.com/
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 31st Jan
gcmarcal2 h, 7 m ago

I think it would, if you pointed your dish to the right direction. I might …I think it would, if you pointed your dish to the right direction. I might be wrong though...http://www.dishpointer.com/

Freeview that the op bought, doesn't use a dish.
Edited by: "shadey12" 31st Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants