Free virgin media 100Mbps upgrade

Found 9th Nov 2017
Logged into my account and found this:

"We're working away behind the scenes to get you upgraded to our speeds of up to 100Mbps. Look out for an email to let you know you've been upgraded!"

14 Comments

We've worked behind the scenes to work out what our network says it can do and bill you until you get hacked off that it wont deliver...
Edited by: "daveo78" 9th Nov 2017

daveo781 m ago

We've worked behind the scenes to work out what our network says it can do …We've worked behind the scenes to work out what our network says it can do and bill you until you get hacked off that it wont deliver...

Thanks for this. I would be lost without information.

Upgrade and get locked into another 12 month contract

GlesgaNed3 m ago

"Free" has it's limits

Yep, and once you've had your email telling you you've been upgraded 'free' look out for another email telling you your bill is going up.

GlesgaNed4 h, 24 m ago

The wording suggests that it's an automatic upgrade so not opt in so no new contract.
That has been the case with my parents anyway not that the free jump from 70 to 100 is noticeable typically.

Virgin Media are constantly bumping up speeds so it always says that. Give them a ring you may get a new modem if you haven't had one in years and they may up you for the same price.

catbeans4 m ago

Virgin Media are constantly bumping up speeds so it always says that. Give …Virgin Media are constantly bumping up speeds so it always says that. Give them a ring you may get a new modem if you haven't had one in years and they may up you for the same price.

If you're on the v2ac don't bother with the new one.
They bump speeds and price. Sadly the latter is much more often.

rev619 m ago

If you're on the v2ac don't bother with the new one. They bump speeds and …If you're on the v2ac don't bother with the new one. They bump speeds and price. Sadly the latter is much more often.

Yeah but you would be surprised how many people have been on the same contract for 4+ years, so will infact get a price cut and or free upgrade and or modem.

Thanks for the info

Its never free with vermin media.

Price hikes due this december

rev65 h, 10 m ago

Thanks for this. I would be lost without information.

Me too...I'd know pretty much nothing without information

I got the email and have been charged for the "free" speed increase. Now have to go through all the nonsense to get my money back and hope they don't charge extra next month.

Every time I get a price increase, I tell them I'm free to leave the contract so waive the extras or I'm off. They're always happy to give me whatever credit to make up for the extra charges to get to the end of my contract. When that's up, I speak with retentions who normally offer something better than I had the previous year. I'm now paying less than I was when I started with VM 5 years ago (100mb bb for £19 month and line rental which I'm more than happy with). Be polite but firm.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions