Groups
    EXPIRED

FREE VIRUS SCAN AND REMOVER plzzzzz

guy do u know where i can get a free virus scan and remover - i clicked on a link in msn and its a virus! need it asap

12 Comments

I have aways found this programme usefull i normally update it and then run windows in safe mode then carry out the scan

malwarebytes.org/mba…php

Original Poster

anyone??

Original Poster

PrideandPassion;8124927

I have aways found this programme usefull i normally update it and then … I have aways found this programme usefull i normally update it and then run windows in safe mode then carry out the scanhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

ty man x 10000

you could install avg free addition this if kept up to date usually catches the virus first but now youve got do as the previous poster said malwarebytes.org/mba…php also you could download ccleaner (its free) and use this everyday you can get ccleaner from file hippo.com hope this helps and good luck

dont use AVG it'll slow your machine down, its now a horrible resource hog.
    try avira, MSE or, heres a whacky idea, pay for one and get a better level of service.

anyone who tells you AVG free is better than a paid for full internet security suite, hasn't a clue.

mod

Trend Micro is by far the best that I have ever used ]LINK

andywedge;8125247

Trend Micro is by far the best that I have ever used ]LINK

trend are an excellent company, 2 years ago when i was working as a PC repair tech (was made redundant, but its a long story), we tried to get a distribution deal for PC Cillin (now trend micro internet security) but they wouldnt go for it since we only had 1 store.

Spybot S&D

supermod

]AVAST & ]AVIRA anti-virus both came out well in recent reviews & AVG has dropped behind them (free versions). One stops virus' being installed the other catches them as soon as on your drive but has more popups & false positives (okay not very techie but that's the gist ;-)) I've just had to uninstall AVG & decided to used AVAST. ]Microsofts own did well in reviews as well. Personal choice & what suits you best really.

Re malware/spyware :

]Malwarebytes
    ]Spybot
    ]Ad-Aware
    ]SpywareBlaster

are all well know free software - you can't have too many of these installed.

Make sure you click the free versions & not the trial pay one etc which ever one you decide on

For a lot of help with stomping on a case of the nasties, try [url]www.whatthetech.com[/url] (Formerly Tom Coyote) self help forums. Pretty good, from experience.

forums.whatthetech.com/Sel…tml

I agree with the above Malware bytes is great, I was never too happy with Ad-aware. I also have Avast running now, swapped from AVG which did slow my machine down. Also use ZoneAlarm as a firewall to help prevent dodgy things getting through.

For the person that said paid for services are always better, many computer experts and reviews have stated that the free ones do just as good job if not better. Having said that if you want an all-in-one solution an not install more than one thing items such as Norton 2010 will give you all the protection. Although I would still always install the malware stuff on top.

Edit - you can do online scanning as well with Panda and I think Trend Micro for free as well.

I use a combination of MSE, Avira, Malwarebytes as well as CCleaner, PCTuneUp and Comodo Firewall.

The only problem is that MSE is such a hog when it comes to scanning and updating.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..46
      2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?54
      3. Safest type of external hard drive?11
      4. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?914

See more discussions