1. GOV.UK Deals
Groups
    EXPIRED

Free Vote on 8th June

You don't often get something this big for nothing. I'm not concerned about your political leanings, I just wanted to remind you that voting is an important aspect of our lives.

Top comments

throwawaysociety

Latest polls are looking good, we will avoid a catastrophe at least.

Yes, giving Theresa May 5 years could never be seen as a catastrophe by anyone unless that is....
    You are young
    You are old
    You wanted to leave an inheritance to your children
    You are sick
    You are foreign
    You work in the public sector
    You are not a millionaire
    You are not a tax dodger
    Apart from the above, you will be fine.

throwawaysociety

Diane Abbot in charge of the Police...?I don't think the Tories have been … Diane Abbot in charge of the Police...?I don't think the Tories have been all that bad - if you focus on the money aspect : Increases in personal tax allowance, the £1K savings allowance, Lifetime ISA's , huge increases in the amount a person can put into an ISA etc.

Just a shame that the things you have quoted have come at the cost of:
    **** education
    A crumbling NHS
    Massive cuts to the police and other emergency services
    Still, that £1000 savings allowance will go a long way towards paying a portion of your health insurance you will be needing once the NHS goes private or the £50,000 of debt you will be in should you want to go to University.

It is not a free vote.

Get your vote wrong with enough others tomorrow, and we will all be paying dearly for decades to come

throwawaysociety

Diane Abbot in charge of the Police...?I don't think the Tories have been … Diane Abbot in charge of the Police...?I don't think the Tories have been all that bad - if you focus on the money aspect : Increases in personal tax allowance, the £1K savings allowance, Lifetime ISA's , huge increases in the amount a person can put into an ISA etc.

Oh, and what could be worse than Diane Abbott in charge of the police? How about Theresa May when, as Home Secretar, she was responsible for cutting 20,000 police and accusing the Police Federation of 'scaremongering' when they told her she was putting our safety at risk? I don't know about you, but I am not feeling particularly safe at this moment in time under Mrs May?
    64 Comments

It is not a free vote.

Get your vote wrong with enough others tomorrow, and we will all be paying dearly for decades to come

Original Poster

In light of recent events, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we can.

Bikertov

It is not a free vote. Get your vote wrong with enough others tomorrow, … It is not a free vote. Get your vote wrong with enough others tomorrow, and we will all be paying dearly for decades to come

In light of recent events, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we can.

needle

In light of recent events, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we … In light of recent events, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we can. In light of recent events, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we can.

Don't worry, not knocking you.

Totally agree that we should all excercise our democratic right, that some others​ are so keen to take away from us.

Just saying, choose carefully or we will be paying a high price from the 'wrong' outcome

Nah, cold for me - you've not offered us a piece of tat on paper or a free pint lol

PS I haven't voted this cold...

There is nothing less significant than voting these days

You achieve more by not voting

Don't believe this illusion

You do not need to vote to be free

throwawaysociety

I dunno. Looks like a Conservative win... struggling to think of much worse than that.

Academic studies have shown that as it stands, if you're in the bottom 70 percent economically then your opinion has zero impact on public policy. I suppose that explains why 30 percent of the population vote for the conservatives, stupidity must account for the rest. I was thinking of reporting 'Your voice matters' to trading standards.

Themadcow

I dunno. Looks like a Conservative win... struggling to think of much … I dunno. Looks like a Conservative win... struggling to think of much worse than that.

Diane Abbot in charge of the Police...?

I don't think the Tories have been all that bad - if you focus on the money aspect : Increases in personal tax allowance, the £1K savings allowance, Lifetime ISA's , huge increases in the amount a person can put into an ISA etc.
    Edited by: "throwawaysociety" 7th Jun

I would join in encouraging all to vote - but use your intelligence . Do you believe the promises ? Can they be paid for ? Especially the young as you are the ones that will be paying for the "wrong" decision for the rest of your lives , you will inherit the National Debt oO
    Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Jun

throwawaysociety

Yes, giving Theresa May 5 years could never be seen as a catastrophe by anyone unless that is....
    You are young
    You are old
    You wanted to leave an inheritance to your children
    You are sick
    You are foreign
    You work in the public sector
    You are not a millionaire
    You are not a tax dodger
    Apart from the above, you will be fine.

throwawaysociety

Just a shame that the things you have quoted have come at the cost of:
    **** education
    A crumbling NHS
    Massive cuts to the police and other emergency services
    Still, that £1000 savings allowance will go a long way towards paying a portion of your health insurance you will be needing once the NHS goes private or the £50,000 of debt you will be in should you want to go to University.

Its past midnight - we are in purdah now - Use your vote wisely

throwawaysociety

Oh, and what could be worse than Diane Abbott in charge of the police? How about Theresa May when, as Home Secretar, she was responsible for cutting 20,000 police and accusing the Police Federation of 'scaremongering' when they told her she was putting our safety at risk? I don't know about you, but I am not feeling particularly safe at this moment in time under Mrs May?

Remember to bring a pen.

beauhiggs

Remember to bring a pen.

Can HUKD members remember how to use a pen/pencil ? oO
    Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Jun

rogparki

Can HUKD members remember how to use a pen/pencil ? oO

Polling stations provide pencils. Remove the impediments (real or perceived) to voting.

EQL

Polling stations provide pencils. Remove the impediments (real or … Polling stations provide pencils. Remove the impediments (real or perceived) to voting.

I refer you to my previous comment - its not a box with a mouse to click to vote hot or cold .

I've always been told to 'vote with your feet'. But at the polling station the pencil is about 3 feet off the floor. Explain that if you can

No quidco so cold from me lol just kidding

rogparki

I refer you to my previous comment - its not a box with a mouse to click … I refer you to my previous comment - its not a box with a mouse to click to vote hot or cold .

With the small impact of an individual vote, you shouldn't take too much time on the day deciding, you should vote, and get into the habit of it. If you can afford the time to vote, do it, it's a way to push your country the way you want it to go. Don't let those who have more time, more conviction or more to lose have it their way.

Spend your time thinking about your life, and if you have the time, politics.

Could someone give Scottish voters a math lesson voting for snp get you no say in Westminster. Voting labour will get you no say in Westminster nore will voting Conservative. What Scottish voters need to do is vote in record numbers but spoil your vote. This would force Westminster to take action on the unfair system. Any political party that ask for your vote in Scotland and promises change is lying.

BluePandaMan

I've always been told to 'vote with your feet'. But at the polling … I've always been told to 'vote with your feet'. But at the polling station the pencil is about 3 feet off the floor. Explain that if you can

You think that's a problem ! My Local Pub is the Polling station ! and I have to go to work after voting It'll be the first time I've ever been in there and not had a pint in years !:(

EQL3 m ago

With the small impact of an individual vote, you shouldn't take too much …With the small impact of an individual vote, you shouldn't take too much time on the day deciding, you should vote, and get into the habit of it. If you can afford the time to vote, do it, it's a way to push your country the way you want it to go. Don't let those who have more time, more conviction or more to lose have it their way.Spend your time thinking about your life, and if you have the time, politics.

You say that, but 13 seats under 500 votes decide who becomes the MP - and lots of other close ones elsewhere too. politicsresources.net/are…htm

Who are the 48% supposed to vote for?
    Tories for initiating this insanity?
    Labour for supporting it?
    Lib Dems are irrelevant thanks to FPTP.

Have we ever had such a disenfranchised & poorly represented electorate?

jdo88

Could someone give Scottish voters a math lesson voting for snp get you … Could someone give Scottish voters a math lesson voting for snp get you no say in Westminster. Voting labour will get you no say in Westminster nore will voting Conservative. What Scottish voters need to do is vote in record numbers but spoil your vote. This would force Westminster to take action on the unfair system. Any political party that ask for your vote in Scotland and promises change is lying.

But that would mean we (the rest of the UK) would simply renounce and stop the Barnett formula that gives every single Scot £16800 each from our taxes - that would pay for a few more police and Nurses .

High Sparrow will be falling off his perch tomorrow come what May! Shame! Shame!

PD101

You say that, but 13 seats under 500 votes decide who becomes the MP - … You say that, but 13 seats under 500 votes decide who becomes the MP - and lots of other close ones elsewhere too. http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/mps-maj.htm

If your vote is worth more, spend more time on it But don't get hung up on making it the biggest decision of your life. Voting is key in getting people to listen.

No one descent to vote for I can only vote for the person that will get the UK out of the Eu the most. It's rubbish but Mrs May seems the only option for me Cornyn is like an aged grandad that doesn't know where he is

Don't forget to vote hot!

throwawaysociety

She's gone - no longer shadow home sec - but the tories still have boris, hammond that 'u' turned on NI twice, hunt destroying the NHS, IDS, gove, fox and may who is going to cut immigration like she's cut it in 2010 and 2015..... Yeah doing a great job

rogparki

But that would mean we (the rest of the UK) would simply renounce and … But that would mean we (the rest of the UK) would simply renounce and stop the Barnett formula that gives every single Scot £16800 each from our taxes - that would pay for a few more police and Nurses .

My point exactly Scotland is seen as separate from the UK so why would you take part in a vote that you will never gain from. It's like running a race knowing that you can't win the best you can do is help someone who doesn't care about you or a fair race win. Politicians should be fair to the whole of the UK and respect a voter in London as much a one in Glasgow, Swansea or Belfast. Simply right or left.

EQL

Polling stations provide pencils. Remove the impediments (real or … Polling stations provide pencils. Remove the impediments (real or perceived) to voting.

​I only said this because last year some people changed people's votes.

Number 1 in some music charts. do a search for liar, liar Theresa May. youtube, its a great song with a profound message.

I haven't heard anybody voting for the conservatives because they want to, but because they'd rather have them than
    . Nobody is voting for policies anymore cause people don't bother reading. I haven't heard anybody saying "I vote tory cause they have stated that they will do X which will be better for Y".

we'll all get what we deserve

jdo88

My point exactly Scotland is seen as separate from the UK so why would … My point exactly Scotland is seen as separate from the UK so why would you take part in a vote that you will never gain from. It's like running a race knowing that you can't win the best you can do is help someone who doesn't care about you or a fair race win. Politicians should be fair to the whole of the UK and respect a voter in London as much a one in Glasgow, Swansea or Belfast. Simply right or left.

rogparki, I believe you misrepresent the Barnett Formula, which was a £2347 per head difference in 2012/13 for Northern Ireland (at £10,876 per head the most expensive) over England (£8,529 per head).

I have a question
    If Labour wins they will scrap Student Tuition free 2018 but what about recent graduates ? Will their fees also be cancelled?

Green parties say it will do just that.

For anyone who's on the fence may i suggest uk.isidewith.com/ or voteforpolicies.org.uk/. They will show you which party you agree most with based on their policies, while disregarding your own impressions of the party.
    Edited by: "Agaeti" 8th Jun

Fund the NHS, fund our security services. Tax the richest. Force house building to record levels.

Clobber the EU as hard as possible to make it clear we won't be dictated to just because we are leaving the club.

This would satisfy me for the moment.

Islam's being set up! They're not behind the atrocities!! please wake up.
    By the way polling don't mean squat. Ppl behind the politician front are in power!
    Wake up pls.
    You're like kids believing in santa clause!
    WAKE UP!

Edited by: "jools771" 8th Jun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3761461
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2176
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1332
      4. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)22

See more discussions