Free Website?

My friend wants to create a website for her beauty business - is there somewhere she can create a free website at all please?

Any advice gratefully received.

24 Comments

any free ones will have popups and/or banners.

123reg.co.uk are one of the cheapest for buying space/name

if you want a quick 2 page site ..... let me know ............

all i need is the colours etc needed (i will add the content later once the design done)

then choose a domain name from [url]www.co.cc[/url] and i will include that on a server so your website will be [url]www.myname.co.cc[/url] (and its all free)

lmk

or do a google and there is loads of web sites that will create a site for you e.g. you choose colours etc but then you won't get a domain name but get a generic one such as [url]www.mywebsitemaker.com/files/myname[/url]

which doesnt look very good :lol:

mugglesquop;4395551

any free ones will have popups and/or banners.123reg.co.uk are one of the … any free ones will have popups and/or banners.123reg.co.uk are one of the cheapest for buying space/name

not true ....... [url]www.co.cc[/url] and [url]www.uni.cc[/url] do free domains and NO ads what so ever

Original Poster

faevilangel;4395598

if you want a quick 2 page site ..... let me know ............ all i need … if you want a quick 2 page site ..... let me know ............ all i need is the colours etc needed (i will add the content later once the design done)then choose a domain name from [url]www.co.cc[/url] and i will include that on a server so your website will be [url]www.myname.co.cc[/url] (and its all free)lmk :)or do a google and there is loads of web sites that will create a site for you e.g. you choose colours etc but then you won't get a domain name but get a generic one such as [url]www.mywebsitemaker.com/files/myname[/url]which doesnt look very good :lol:

She wants something she can upload photos onto, I presume this isn't possible on a two pager?

yes it is ...... i can do it ..........does she want to upload photo's regularly or just some for the actual site then change it in like 6 months ???

Original Poster

Just some for the site and then change it in 6 month'ish.

fruityloops;4395952

Just some for the site and then change it in 6 month'ish.

thats pretty easy then ..... i can put the images up but then leave a note on the code of what to change if they need to change images etc

350.com/
hope it helps

Business + Free Website = Not a succesful business or website :?

if its just a small business judt for information then its fiine jaybird

but once ya start selling stuff etc on it then you need to pay for a decent one

faevilangel;4396185

if its just a small business judt for information then its fiine jaybird

Still needs to look proffessional, otherwise it could do more harm than good i.e. making you look like a cowboy outfit, especially with a .co.cc domain name

Professional and free normally dont go together ;-)

[url]www.weebly.com[/url] is the best and easiest around

co.cc domain is better than having [url]www.freewebs.com/mysitename[/url] :lol:

im just giving ideas btw ... if they want a professional domain then i will help them get one ... but for FREE a .co.cc is a decent name .... looks as good as .co.uk

JayBird;4396541

Still needs to look proffessional, otherwise it could do more harm than … Still needs to look proffessional, otherwise it could do more harm than good i.e. making you look like a cowboy outfit, especially with a .co.cc domain nameProfessional and free normally dont go together ;-)

Exactly. How many times do people ask on htis forum "Is X site legit?", to which the answer is "Free hosting...", which discredits any company instantly? Paid-for hosting is only about £60 a year, which is very little to any marketing budget.

Hiya. I'm the person wanting to do the website. Hope I'm typing this in the correct place as I haven't done this before. I would be extrremely grateful for your kind offer of help faevilangel. I'm not actually selling anything on the site, it would be more like an advert. I'm a make up artist and just wanted somewhere I can put a background history about myself and pictures of my work so people can have a look, and a link with my e mail address. I'm sure what you're suggesting would be professional enough looking for that??

i've done a couple of sites before for just a quick eays page - i took the templates from below:

Why re-invent the wheel some good ones one here and can be eaisly modified.

openwebdesign.org/

Thanks for all the advice so far, although the templates on the sites suggested aren't quite the kind of thing I'm after as I need it to be predominantly pictures and I want my logo the same as my business cards. Can't seem to change fonts etc when using the templates. Am I being to fussy??
:?

donnabanfield;4415179

Thanks for all the advice so far, although the templates on the sites … Thanks for all the advice so far, although the templates on the sites suggested aren't quite the kind of thing I'm after as I need it to be predominantly pictures and I want my logo the same as my business cards. Can't seem to change fonts etc when using the templates. Am I being to fussy??:?

they are just templates and can be modded in anyway, like this one for example:

openwebdesign.org/vie…3D4

you can have more than just the four pictures showing on there, and set them to opoen up a larger image when clicked on.

All fonts can be changed and as long as you have an image of your logo on your computer that can be pur on there as well.

Ok thank you. I'm going to have a go and see how I get on. How do I start editing? I pressed download and it just saved a zip file to my pc, when I opened it, it was just separate folders. Do I need to register or something?

can't figure it at all....

donnabanfield;4417367

can't figure it at all....

not sure what your skills are in this, if you want any help let me know.

What was the template you downloaded.

Banned

ill make her one for cheap.

imgshare.info/ima…jpg

an Example of something i knocked up very quick.

Banned

For great website designs try [url]www.wix.com[/url] their designs are pretty good all you need to do is design it on their website and upload it to yours.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions