Groups
    EXPIRED

Free weights for weight training

Hi there.

Still looking for the best company to buy free weights from. Best price I can currently find is around GBP1 per 1kg, but then you have to add on a tidy sum for P&P.

Can anybody kindly advise me if there is a company out there who offer free P&P or does somebody want to sell some weights they no longer use. I will consider any type and condition. I am in East Yorkshre and I'm looking for around 75 - 100kg worth in larger 'denominations'.

Many thanks in advance

6 Comments

you want to "buy free weights" - that doesn't sound right!!

I bought mine fron Decathalon in Surry Quays.

I've checked their website and the only one they have in Yorkshire is in Sheffield (decathlon.co.uk/EN/…63/) and they sell metal plates unlike Argos who sell cement filled plastic! Lol., I advise you to go there.

Try Tesco.They have the cast iron weights starting at 0.97 per kg

50kg for £39.99 collected or £44.95 delivered - Argos

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Yeah they're vinyl, so dont expect amazing things, but they're cheap and they weigh

Shima

Cast iron weights are virtually indestructible.

adtrader.co.uk

Try there and do a search on weights then pick the sports section and sort on the distance from your post code. Expect to pay 30-50p a kilo and generally the bars are free. You may have to wait a week or two to get all you want - but there is no shortage of virtually unused kit up for grabs in the common inch diameter bar size.

Also - its not a half baked scheme - as I am a fitness instructor and set up my entire home free weight gym that way.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4681417
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941351
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.22
      4. One for the mathmeticians1931

See more discussions