EXPIRED

Free Windows 7 Premium / Professional with Vista Premium / Business

Customers who buy an eligible copy of Windows Vista from Amazon.co.uk between 26th June and 15th October 2009 are eligible for a free copy of the equivalent version of Windows 7 when it is launched.

Might be of interest to someone who needs to get Vista now.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…4P8

11 Comments

Banned

but isnt vista far dearer than windows 7 and you can download win 7 RC now for a free 8 month trial?

I understand windows 7 is built on the Vista Core and could be construed as a maintenance release (what 98SE was to 98) so just go for windows 7 if you can get it cheaper than vista.:thumbsup:

No one needs to buy vista now as you can install Windows 7 now and just pay for it later ,

Original Poster

In the situation that someone needs to buy Vista - e.g. their machine is knackered, and a re-build is required but they don't have Vista disks, then this is a reasonable deal because they have not wasted all their money on a soon to be out-of-date OS.
It is not recommended to run a pre-release OS as a main OS.

Banned

Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition - £132!

I cant see anyone being foolish enough to pay £90 more than what you can get win7 for now. Win7 RC is meant to be extremely reliable.

csiman;5817210

Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition - £132!I cant see anyone being … Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition - £132!I cant see anyone being foolish enough to pay £90 more than what you can get win7 for now. Win7 RC is meant to be extremely reliable.

:w00t:a bargain where can I buy;-)

Please add a price for this free 'deal', eg.

on amazon, where your link goes -

Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition with Service Pack 1 (PC) £132.25

Original Poster

Try Vista Premium upgrade at £61.14

rannoch;5817053

It is not recommended to run a pre-release OS as a main OS.

People, you heard the man. Do NOT run Vista as a main OS! :thumbsup:

Banned

you get a voucher ......ive seen ultimate going for £150 with ultimate windows 7 voucher

Banned

rannoch;5818767

Try Vista Premium upgrade at £61.14

but then you would already probably have XP so why would you want vista upgrade just for a few months to get win7 for £61? :thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
    3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
    4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions