Groups

Free Windows Millennium product key

Having a clear out and taking an old computer to the skip. Has a Windows Millennium product key sticker on the back. Free to anybody if they can make use of it.

18 Comments

prepare for the deluge! lol my me machine has a key but ty anyway

Supermod

Hi I've moved this to Misc as free items on HUKD do not attract feedback.

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Hi I've moved this to Misc as free items on HUKD do not attract … Hi I've moved this to Misc as free items on HUKD do not attract feedback.

Cheers mj

I'll offer you £20 to nuke it from orbit.

I have a sealed copy of Windows 95
    One day, I shall become a millionaire!

zworld

I have a sealed copy of Windows 95 :DOne day, I shall become a … I have a sealed copy of Windows 95 :DOne day, I shall become a millionaire!

​And then you'll be able to buy a copy of windows 37.

Nice offer OP, but I can't see many people taking it due to the age of the OS, there being no support and because Windows ME wasn't particularly popular.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 17th Aug 2016

I'd take it if it's still on offer - any idea where I'd get an ISO from? I've an old core duo machine it should work perfectly on! Thanks

WIndows ME was a disaster. Not quite Windows 98, not quite Windows XP, and nowhere near Windows 2000.
    I was given a Windows 98 laptop today - surprised how thin and light it is. Was thinking of loading Windows 3.1 and Premier Manager 3 just for fun.

Funghi

I'd take it if it's still on offer - any idea where I'd get an ISO from? … I'd take it if it's still on offer - any idea where I'd get an ISO from? I've an old core duo machine it should work perfectly on! Thanks

Happy to be proven wrong so soon

Again, nice offer OP

fantastic offer... very kind indeed.

Funghi

I'd take it if it's still on offer - any idea where I'd get an ISO from? … I'd take it if it's still on offer - any idea where I'd get an ISO from? I've an old core duo machine it should work perfectly on! Thanks

u might have to disable a load of stuff, don't think it supports dual core either,
    the machine i have it running on is a single core skt 478 pentium runs like hell on an old machine, two 80gb hdds in raid 1 boots in 10 secs lol

Original Poster

Funghi

It's still on offer if you want it, quick Google should point you in the right direction for an ISO. Listening to the comments and I understand if you don't want it was only trying to help somebody out. From an old emachine, got 2 sticks of 128mb ram if you want them just pay a couple of quid for postage? Either way let me know.
    Thanks.

I've an old P3 600mhz laptop with 20GB HDD that might well be more like it - if it's still available, would appreciate it as a little project to see if I can get it working. Thanks again for your kind offer :-)

Well I like it

windows me

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/F3iVpqKV01g/maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 18th Aug 2016

zworld

I have a sealed copy of Windows 95 :DOne day, I shall become a … I have a sealed copy of Windows 95 :DOne day, I shall become a millionaire!

Still good for 2095

Original Poster

Product key sent to funghi, all working.
    Edited by: "kramvic" 19th Aug 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio79

See more discussions