FreeAgent for free when you're with NatWest Business

Posted 17th Feb
While I was browsing NatWest in the light of their £175 incentive to switch accounts, I noticed they have a really interesting offer for business customers.

Basically, you get a bank account for 18 months free of charge (£5 afterwards) and they throw in a lot of nice features including FreeAgent absolutely for free.

I thought I'd give it a shot since I am paying £30 a month for Xero. I've just switched over the bank account feeds and I must say, I am very impressed, FreeAgent is quite mature and especially in my case as a small business it more than suffices my needs.

I was paying around £96 per year for my Lloyds account and £360 per year for Xero. Now I am paying £60(I used the switch option, therefore I couldn't do the 18 months for free). So I am saving £396 per year and the features are top notch, they even included a business credit card.

Might want to give it a try.
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
I personally find FreeAgent dreadful!
vladdy19/02/2020 23:07

Why is that?

From a professional perspective, there isn't the facility to post year end adjustments *at* year end for example (adjustments have to made on the first day of the new year). No issue for small companies but a headache for larger companies. Also VAT markers aren't great & require plenty of manual adjustments when clients aren't confident & just follow the system guidance. I can't remember other problems off the top of my head!

I appreciate it can be a massive saving to small businesses though, being offered for free
Littlemunckin19/02/2020 23:14

From a professional perspective, there isn't the facility to post year end …From a professional perspective, there isn't the facility to post year end adjustments *at* year end for example (adjustments have to made on the first day of the new year). No issue for small companies but a headache for larger companies. Also VAT markers aren't great & require plenty of manual adjustments when clients aren't confident & just follow the system guidance. I can't remember other problems off the top of my head!I appreciate it can be a massive saving to small businesses though, being offered for free

Ah yeah, I’m not sure how big the company you work for is but for my small company to he honest I found it much more faster to work with than Xero. I managed to reconciliate a few hundred transactions last evening and I was impressed. Luckily if you get into any headaches you can import your data fast to Xero so that’s not a problem, but for small companies it is definitely a big saving. Paid £1800 for xero last 5 years
vladdy19/02/2020 23:17

Ah yeah, I’m not sure how big the company you work for is but for my small …Ah yeah, I’m not sure how big the company you work for is but for my small company to he honest I found it much more faster to work with than Xero. I managed to reconciliate a few hundred transactions last evening and I was impressed. Luckily if you get into any headaches you can import your data fast to Xero so that’s not a problem, but for small companies it is definitely a big saving. Paid £1800 for xero last 5 years

It is a lot of money! We work with a huge range of company sizes, the bigger ones definitely coping better on Xero. No system is perfect though! You just have to find what works best for you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants