Groups
    EXPIRED

Freebies and Giveaways

Hi,

Im thinking of hosting an event which will consist of giving back to the community! Does anyone know where I can access some 'worthwhile' giveaways and prizes either through sponsorship or donation. Things like hotel breaks, games well anything really!

Thanks Marcie

3 Comments

sorry I'm not going to be much help, but I think people who organise these sort of things usually contact their local businesses and see if they can donate anything - worth a try?

hi, i am part of a committee running our local village hall and we do fund raisers a couple of times a year, raffles that sort of thing. To get donations we type out about 50-60 letter to local businesses telling them what we are doing etc and we tend to get back 15-20 so about a thrd reply we have previously had stuff like

1 months gym memebership
    garden centre vouchers
    hampers from sainsburys
    photography vouchers

you need to write to local places rather than national companies as they tend to be more likely to give, big places like tesco etc will just say they do there own charity work etc and you dont get anything from them. try local gyms, florists, garden centres, independant toy shops etc

good luck, once you do it once companies will rememberyou and most likely help you again the next year

Jimston;6924271

hi, i am part of a committee running our local village hall and we do … hi, i am part of a committee running our local village hall and we do fund raisers a couple of times a year, raffles that sort of thing. To get donations we type out about 50-60 letter to local businesses telling them what we are doing etc and we tend to get back 15-20 so about a thrd reply we have previously had stuff like1 months gym memebershipgarden centre vouchershampers from sainsburysphotography vouchersyou need to write to local places rather than national companies as they tend to be more likely to give, big places like tesco etc will just say they do there own charity work etc and you dont get anything from them. try local gyms, florists, garden centres, independant toy shops etcgood luck, once you do it once companies will rememberyou and most likely help you again the next year

+1 ... local stores are the way to go.. Maybe Jim could send you over his letter and you can adapt it, otherwise I may have one somewhere if I can find it... :thumbsup:

no use going to national companies (ie: head office etc) as they will come back and (as Jim says) say they have their own causes this year. Local businesses are the way forward. Dont forget to mention in your letter you are prepared to advertise their name.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions