Groups

Freecycle...........

Just wondering if anyone else uses freecycle. I have give away loads of stuff in the past and got so messed about it was un-true. Have been keeping an eye on it for the past few days in case anyone needs to rehome an old shed In the space of 8 months ( from when i used it last time) people have got so greedy.
    There are now hardly any "offered" items they are all wanted items. Not like there used to be though last time i looked though in the past few days i have in all honetly seen people ask for..........
    Cars, Laptops,Sat Navs, Ds or dsi's, xboxs, wiis, mobile phones, and more.

The new thing seems to be people offering things for money too for offers, also people wanting builders, people to hang pictures, removal men etc for free.

Is it like that in your area or is it just here?

Why are people getting so greedy?

Oh another big one is pets, people seem to be giving animals away like theres no tomorrow.

28 Comments

locally someone was asking for an ipod had to be the latest generation though - the cheek

Yep, I use it mostly to shift stuff I can't be bothered to sell, but am constantly messed around by people promising to collect. I have a standard line now, 'It's yours if you want it, come anytime it'll be out the front by the garage, if I don't hear from you by morning I'll offer it to someone else'. Seems to make sure they turn up first time. The people asking for TVs and LCD monitors irritate me, and I know almost everyone automatically ignores the wanted ads because of them, which means the genuine people who ask for ends of carpet, or tatty roller blinds (like I am asking for, for the bits!) get ignored!!

just had a look now, wanted;
    xbox pref hdmi model
    laptop for sudent
    tft monitor
    lcd tv
    unbelievable

I've seen people ask for stupid things for example, a blu ray sound surround system, a car PS3/Xbox etc

i have asked for things on it before but never anything expensive or mad like that! never got any replies tho but i guess i know why now. i did get my 2 wardrobes off it though, the canvas type, problem is i can't collect much with no car but if used properly its great.

I normally ask for old games on there i.e. SNES, NES as people around here send them to the tip.

Original Poster

There are people who offer things too such as Iphones, Wiis, decent tvs etc. The other day an iphone was offered but i think its people taking the mic.
    So many people offering pets though too.

Original Poster

I offered a dining table about 8 months ago i got loads of messages but offered it to a guy who said hed collect when he took his daughter to school (school was across rd) he didn't turn up, i messaged him he said car was stolen and would collect next day, then the car broke down and then he just never came. In the end had to tip the table

I've had no problem at all with Manchester and Stockport freecylcles...I have given masses away and everyone has turned up as arranged. It's a huge student campus here and they are truly grateful for stuff

I never got anything I have ever applied for the mod round here is poor.

I would ask for peace on Earth or at least some peace and quiet

Oooh, I want the trailer caravan.

Banned

I joined last week and I am loving it.

I have got some files from a lady on my dad's street and I could have had a loganberry bush on Sunday.

Here in SE wales, they have banned giving away animals and I do see more offered than wanted. I personally have given away a lot, but also received some great items. It's mostly down to the moderators of the group how it runs (biggest Item I gave away was a BMW 316i)

whatsThePoint

I must be lucky if some people are getting nothing, i've hadTrailer … I must be lucky if some people are getting nothing, i've hadTrailer caravan (folds down)2 LCD monitors100's of CD'sApple PippinLoads of sub £20-30 items that were newPetrol strimmer (needed putting back together)

Do you still have them all....?

I use Leeds:

It is hard to get stuff now.. People sit on it all day and stuff goes before you have even got a chance, especially if you work... I suspect lots are car booters or are selling stuff on via E-Bay...

Tried to sell quite a bit at a car boot once, and after I'd split things into charity shop bags, I kept some stuff to put on freecycle. Got rid of pretty much everything.

Have requested a couple of things, and ended up getting a call off my Dad to say he had a spare garden fork, so that doesn't really count does it

Original Poster

Update on mine today.

WANTED - will collect anything that will fit into my car boot (not animals)

might fill some sacks pf rubbish for him

Banned

superskilly

Update on mine today.WANTED - will collect anything that will fit into my … Update on mine today.WANTED - will collect anything that will fit into my car boot (not animals)might fill some sacks pf rubbish for him

Say you have a dead body that needs picking up

Someone has offered a DS and Tomtom last night in my area. Doubt I'll get them but they would be handy (tomtom especially).

xcookx

Someone has offered a DS and Tomtom last night in my area. Doubt I'll get … Someone has offered a DS and Tomtom last night in my area. Doubt I'll get them but they would be handy (tomtom especially).

Do you live near where I live

Theres a wanted ad on my local one asking for a 42" tv but it must be a samsung!

redvee92

Do you live near where I live

That depends on where you live lol

Always use the local dump to get rid of something, guys have clocked my number plate now after all the electrical/computer stuff i have left there,last week dumped a black bag with mini stereo system in it, guys had it opened and one of them was carrying it into the office,rather them guys have it than the hawkers that use Freecycle

xcookx

That depends on where you live lol

X)

Banned

Bully

Always use the local dump to get rid of something, guys have clocked my … Always use the local dump to get rid of something, guys have clocked my number plate now after all the electrical/computer stuff i have left there,last week dumped a black bag with mini stereo system in it, guys had it opened and one of them was carrying it into the office,rather them guys have it than the hawkers that use Freecycle

I am not a hawker.

I appreciate what I receive from generous free-cyclers
    Edited by: "DLM" 9th Aug 2010

starsparkle2311

Without a doubt it'll be that flipping belgian woman who got them. She … Without a doubt it'll be that flipping belgian woman who got them. She lives for freecycle, scrounging mare that she is,lol

Don't know who it is, but I haven't had any Belgians round collecting my stuff

I love Freecycle. I use it to clear space at my place. Almost everything that I have posted has been collected. I guess that it is possible that some of the stuff has been sold on, but to be honest, I don't really mind, as long as it is out of my house. If people want to go to the trouble of selling it, then good luck to them. I'm in the Enfield Freegle group. Our moderators are fab
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206571
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions