Freedom Pop alternative

Found 22nd Jul
I am looking for an alternative to freedom pop before they start charging.
Basically i want an app that has the 2nd number on it so i can basically have 2 phone numbers on my iphone. I never use the freedom pop sim card just login the app on my iphone and have the freedom pop number for junk stuff like uber, calling companies i dont want endless sales calls to etc. Basically so i dont have to give out my real number all the time but can receive text messages on the 2nd number.

I have looked at the app store but most seem to want £4 a month upwards for a 2nd number but there must be something cheaper or like freedom pop but cost less than £3.49
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
You can use Sipgate with the Zoiper app to receive calls for free (gives you a landline number). Not sure on what to use for text messages though.
i wanted to ideally port a number to it so needs to be mobile
kiefer1 h, 21 m ago

i wanted to ideally port a number to it so needs to be mobile

I've been looking around and TextMe seems decent. Don't think you can port but it gives you a free UK mobile number to receive calls and texts through. I didn't know about it until now and it seems great, I'm going to give it a try!
Funnily enough I've been looking at FreedomPop today. Googled reviews and found out they are a nightmare, especially if you sign up for their 'free' mobile accounts. You have been warned. Google them yourselves and you will find out.
philedsch5 m ago

Funnily enough I've been looking at FreedomPop today. Googled reviews and …Funnily enough I've been looking at FreedomPop today. Googled reviews and found out they are a nightmare, especially if you sign up for their 'free' mobile accounts. You have been warned. Google them yourselves and you will find out.

They don't have the free plan any more, they got rid of it in the UK.
Edited by: "jamie015" 24th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions