Groups

Free/practically free web hosting

I'm looking to set up a small website. Nothing fancy, just a few html pages with maybe a picture here or there. It'll just be a pricing list for odd jobs i'm doing for a bit of extra cash.

Looking for a place to host which won't plaster adverts all over my pages. If nowhere free is available then i dont mind paying a few pounds per month (wouldnt be wanting a long contract though, a rolling monthly contract would be good)

I'll be needing a .co.uk domain too but i gather pricing for those is fairly standard..

Anyone got anywhere they can recommend?

8 Comments

webs.com
    if you upgrade for about £3 a month you can add a domain and remove adds

[url]www.110mb.com[/url]... they offer 25GB of hd space (i think), 100gb of bandwidth (i think), no adverts on your site, you can transfer a domain to them for free.... you can get a database for $10 fee (once only) (not necessary to run a website)

for a domain name use [url]www.123-reg.co.uk[/url] .... 2.79 for 1 year (minimum 2 years to buy tho)

4lyons09;4823567

webs.com if you upgrade for about £3 a month you can add a domain and … webs.com if you upgrade for about £3 a month you can add a domain and remove adds

webs.com / freewebs.com is so last week ...... total rip off imo ......

Original Poster

110mb looks good, cheers for that

i'll have a hunt for a domain name service who do 1 year..

oldmanhouse;4823751

110mb looks good, cheers for thati'll have a hunt for a domain name … 110mb looks good, cheers for thati'll have a hunt for a domain name service who do 1 year..

you won't find many .... try namesco.com (i think) which is the domain name registration company.....

You sure do think a lot!

]Google Pages - basic, but FREE.

Why not set up a blog with Blogger

blogger.com/start

Totally free, no HTML knowlegde required, basic templates supplied, you can add pictures, videos etc.

Site is created online so no need to update the site with ftp etc.

Blogger keeps track of the site, updates etc so it needs no management.

Here are some examples of the sort of things you can do with Blogger.

Here is a blog site for a world war 1 soldier
    wwar1.blogspot.com/

Photography blog
    thetravelphotographer.blogspot.com/

Just search in Google for "blogspot" to find other blogs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831530
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial78
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1328
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088

See more discussions