Groups
    EXPIRED

Free/reduced £125 BT reconnection charge.

I was thinking of moving into the flat my friend has currently but he says he has lived there 4 months and never had the phone line switched on but is soon moving to a big flat so he will get it.

I phoned BT who said as the line has been inactive for 2 years it has been ceased(despite the tenant before my friend having SKY tv and still has extension cable in living room!)

They claimed I would have to either pay or take up the complete tv, broadband and line rental package for £45 a month for 18 months!

This seems harsh!

6 Comments

Don't bother then. Can you get cable?
    BT is such a rip off.

spammers;8062726

Don't bother then. Can you get cable? BT is such a rip off.

Its also not a charity!

I negotiated free connection just with an 18month basic phone line contract, keep trying, they will budge in the end!

jase.2;8062845

Its also not a charity!

Obviously.

But not competitive at ALL.

Original Poster

jase.2;8062845

Its also not a charity!

It's also not going to cost them £125 to reconnect a line is it!

I dont mind a fair charge or even free since I have been with them 4 years and had nothing but problems(overcharged on EVERY bill for 4 years)

jase.2;8062845

Its also not a charity!

Lol. BT isn't a charity. Such an extreme thing to say. It made me giggle. I am sure they give to charity, but traditionally they have taken a lot of my money over the years.

To the poster, I would say try a non-BT contract like Virgin and just wait for the £125 to be waived in one of their deals.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      2. word association Game73844451
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767170
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047079

See more discussions