Groups

Freesat

If I buy a Freesat Box would I still have to pay a one off subscription fee

24 Comments

no...

The clue is in the name

Not for normal use, but you do have to pay for extra services/channels i think

Original Poster

Thanks paddymcn but I have seen advertised that you only have to pay a one off subscription fee so just checking!

might give you some help & pointers Join Freesat FAQ's

Sky told me if I want the sky+ service there is a charge on freesat, otherwise it's just the cost of the box and set up if needed.

dcx_badass

Freesat isn't even remotely linked to sky...

I will admit the guy I spoke to was an idiot.

Original Poster

richp: Had a look on the link you gave and this has answered my question, thank you, much appreciated. Any recommendations as to which freesat box, was looking at a humax one £129.99
    from argos

cath1510

richp: Had a look on the link you gave and this has answered my question, … richp: Had a look on the link you gave and this has answered my question, thank you, much appreciated. Any recommendations as to which freesat box, was looking at a humax one £129.99from argos

not sure if you want a recording facility with the box as well, but this one (which doesn't have record facility) here off the Humax Direct sales site at £91.86. its a Grade A

which are predominantly store returns that have been tested and where … which are predominantly store returns that have been tested and where appropriate repaired to an "as new" standard in our own service centre or factory. They come fully boxed with all accessories and full instructions and are all backed up by a complete 1 year on site warranty.

Original Poster

Thanks richp; Thats exactly the one I was looking at on argos, not too fussed about record facility so think this is the one for me. Just one more question though before I buy, This will definitely work if I already have a satellite dish from sky although not subscribed to sky anymore?

Original Poster

Thank you dcx_badass

Original Poster

Will a freesat box give me the channels that I dont get for free on sky

Original Poster

So what channels will I get?

cath1510

Freesat channels I've never had sky so I cant comment on what channels they have.

cath1510

Here is channel guide.

Original Poster

the same channels I get on freeview and sky for free, so what is the point of freesat then? confused!

Original Poster

What is the difference between freesat and freeview?

from today BBC iplayer is now showing ITV 1 2 3 4, channel 4, five, fiver, fiver usa, sc/4

Original Poster

because badasses like YOU are replying to them! I posted a genuine question and have had many answers wihich have helped me decide, I was going to buy a freesat box but it seems that the same channels are on freeview which I have, so I would be wasting my money? and that the only difference is HD

dcx_badass

It's ridiculous but their are 2 versions o freesat:
    freesat from sky sky.com/sho…me/
    and freesat freesat.co.uk/
    Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 19th Feb 2011

dcx_badass

No, there is freesat, which is the real one, the other is freesat from … No, there is freesat, which is the real one, the other is freesat from sky and totally different.

But you can see why confusion occurs, and why the OP was correctly told by sky CS of the monthly charge for the + features.

Banned

dcx_badass

Fail.

Banned

^^^^ X) so easy to push your buttons.

Banned

DangerGod

Fail.

Just because sky might tell you "these are our channels" doesn't make it so. They are available to view on a sky box for one reason and one reason alone.... they are Free To Air channels.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5599
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34206
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846260
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1021

See more discussions