Freesat Box

Found 28th Mar
Having left Sky and wanting to maybe get a Freesat box I was wondering what one people would recommend as the best.
I’m not certain whether to get one that can record yet, I think it will depend on price.
Any advice would be great!
Thanks
Community Updates
14 Comments
There are currently only two Freesat brands. Humax offer recording capable boxes and a non recording box and Manhattan who offer a non recording box and possibly a recording capable box. Or there are some TV's with built-in Freesat.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 28th Mar
Original Poster
OBH6UK7 m ago

There are currently only two Freesat brands. Humax offer recording capable …There are currently only two Freesat brands. Humax offer recording capable boxes and a non recording box and Manhattan who offer a non recording box and possibly a recording capable box. Or there are some TV's with built-in Freesat.

I gave the Freesat through the tv a go but it seems really slow and the guide isn’t the greatest, was hoping that a box would maybe be better.
Works fine on my LG OLED. Possibly will be. Anyway what TV?
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 28th Mar
Original Poster
OBH6UK33 m ago

Works fine on my LG OLED. Possibly will be. Anyway what TV?

It’s a Samsung tv, I guess coming from Sky it will always be slower.
You could look at Linux based boxes. These were all over the place before sky closed most of 28.2e. You still get all the FTA channels from freesat.

However won't your sky box still work for FTA? It should do as you buy the box from sky over the course of your contract. They just remove any subbed services like on demand and premium channels pike sky sports etc
Edited by: "Cunny" 29th Mar
kevc2115 h, 38 m ago

It’s a Samsung tv, I guess coming from Sky it will always be slower.

Which Samsung TV? They do make a few difernt models!
Original Poster
OBH6UK56 m ago

Which Samsung TV? They do make a few difernt models!

It’s the UE40JU6410U
kevc2132 m ago

It’s the UE40JU6410U

According to the manual it's not a Freeesat TV but a generic satellite receiver equipped TV from 2015, so why is it slow?
Original Poster
OBH6UK1 h, 13 m ago

According to the manual it's not a Freeesat TV but a generic satellite …According to the manual it's not a Freeesat TV but a generic satellite receiver equipped TV from 2015, so why is it slow?

Definitely does have Freesat built in, I was using for a while previously. It just seemed sluggish, channel changing etc..
kevc2121 h, 56 m ago

Definitely does have Freesat built in, I was using for a while previously. …Definitely does have Freesat built in, I was using for a while previously. It just seemed sluggish, channel changing etc..

Well that is typical of Samsung and also Sony not to actually mention it in therir respective OM's
That model definitely does NOT have Freesat - it does have a satellite input. It also has Freeview and Smarthub (internet). I left Sky last year and now use a Humax (1tb) paired with a Samsung 4K TV
Original Poster
Splodger10123 m ago

That model definitely does NOT have Freesat - it does have a satellite …That model definitely does NOT have Freesat - it does have a satellite input. It also has Freeview and Smarthub (internet). I left Sky last year and now use a Humax (1tb) paired with a Samsung 4K TV

I’m I missing something here then as this is showing as Freesat
33546865-n4BRg.jpg
33546865-We5a3.jpg
kevc2120 h, 41 m ago

I’m I missing something here then as this is showing as Freesat [Image] …I’m I missing something here then as this is showing as Freesat [Image] [Image]

You cannot get Freesat through an aerial (digital or otherwise). Freesat (tuner/box) has to be connected through a satellite dish - that menu is misleading...

It does indeed seem that your TV has Freesat (apologies). This might help ... freesat.co.uk/hel…sh/
Edited by: "Splodger101" 31st Mar
Original Poster
Splodger1013 h, 54 m ago

You cannot get Freesat through an aerial (digital or otherwise). Freesat …You cannot get Freesat through an aerial (digital or otherwise). Freesat (tuner/box) has to be connected through a satellite dish - that menu is misleading... It does indeed seem that your TV has Freesat (apologies). This might help ... https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/using-your-existing-satellite-dish/

The menu is misleading, I’m connected the Sky cable straight into my TV
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants