EXPIRED

Freesat+/ freeview+ Help Needed

Have cancelled my sky+hd subscription and now need a freesat+HD/freeview HD recorder box. I have today returned the Philips HDT8520 because of freezing and crashing. I am looking to spend about £260ish but everything I look at has crashing, recording or some other issue’s is there any that work ?

Thanks in advance anyone

9 Comments

Can't you use your previous Sky HD box and obtain the Freesat Viewing Card from Sky - rather than purchase another box? That's what I plan to do when my contract is up with them next month.

I thought you lose the recording functionality when going down that route?

What about the Humax 500Gb box, was posted on here a few days ago at Amazon for £231
Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 24th Jun 2011

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/images/products/humax_foxsathdr.jpg
Humax foxsat 500GB

Requires a working dual LNB satellite dish (Not Aerial)
Edited by: "adwozere" 24th Jun 2011

Original Poster

yes you loose the recording functionality as soon as the subscruption ends, Ive still got the dish so the
humax foxsat hdr 500 might be a contender

Ive got the 320GB Humax and Im very happy with it, Getting BBC i player on its is a big plus

Original Poster

adwozere

Ive got the 320GB Humax and Im very happy with it, Getting BBC i player … Ive got the 320GB Humax and Im very happy with it, Getting BBC i player on its is a big plus

Got the 500GB yesterday and its first class so far only thing I havent found or it dosent have is series link. The man behind in currys even commented on what a good box it was. Thank you for the help

stress321

Got the 500GB yesterday and its first class so far only thing I havent … Got the 500GB yesterday and its first class so far only thing I havent found or it dosent have is series link. The man behind in currys even commented on what a good box it was. Thank you for the help

Yes it has series link - when you hit ok to record a programme in the guide it will ask if you want to record the whole series

Original Poster

Found it thanks

cool
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.22
    2. Boiler Question11
    3. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?812
    4. samsung s7 edge lcd -rose gold (pink)35

See more discussions