Groups
    EXPIRED

Freesat HD box..do i need a new dish?

Thinking of getting freesat hd box, was just wondering do i need a new dish or do anything to my current sky dish?

Any suggestions on some decent boxes??

9 Comments

You can use your current sky dish with freesat HD

Yep. Sky dish is fine.

Original Poster

g1bbuk;8830501

Yep. Sky dish is fine.

will i get Channel 5 as i do not get that at the moment?

Forest_Gump;8830668

will i get Channel 5 as i do not get that at the moment?

You don't get channel 5 with sky ?

You got any idea why ?

Does not sound right. Through and Ariel fair enough but through sat dish something not right surely.

Banned

dontasciime;8830886

You don't get channel 5 with sky ?You got any idea why ?Does not sound … You don't get channel 5 with sky ?You got any idea why ?Does not sound right. Through and Ariel fair enough but through sat dish something not right surely.

Its soft encrypted. You need a viewing card, but dont need a subscription. There are a couple of channels you'd miss without a sky card. (Its all down to contracts and being on their EPG.)

Did not realise they still persisited with this nonsense.

I know if you bought the box/card after a certain period march 2006 springs to mind (dunno why) you can claim a free sub card I know this Co's i applied for my mates mam / dad to get their s without paying £20 or whatever it is now(the march 2006) date may not be right but the rest is. Make sure you claim if you qualify.

Original Poster

You have to pay £20 for a new sky card to get Channel 5 and sky 3 i think. I just want to get rid of it and get a freesat HD box, just looking thorough ebay to get a cheap one if anyone has one for sale let me know i might be interested.

I've heard Humax are suppose to be good, seen some Bush going for £45 but not sure how good they are.

I ended up getting a Grundig box.. Sometimes it freezes, not sure if that is particular to that make or whether it is the Freesat itself. Quick power off / on and its cured

Yep, you get ch5 with freesat.
    However I'm going back to sky as I can't get on with the EPG & remote for my humax freesat box.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206571
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions