Found 26th Jan 2011
I am currently with Sky but was thinking of cancelling and trying Freesat as my TV has a Feesat HD tuner. Can i just plug the Sky dish lead into the back og my TV?
Sorry if this is a dumb question
Also anyone got it who can tell me what it is like?
Thanks

6 Comments

Should be able to plug it straight into your tv if it has it built in.Not a great deal of good channels Google freesat channels and it will tell you what you get
Edited by: "danzab" 26th Jan 2011

Original Poster

danzab

You need a freesat receiver to plug the lead into. Not too bad but not a … You need a freesat receiver to plug the lead into. Not too bad but not a great deal of good channels on there. Google freesat channels and it will tell you what you get

Is this not built into my Freesat HD TV?

nutta

Is this not built into my Freesat HD TV?

Yeah sorry I just edited my post didnt spot the part about your tv having it built in!

freesat.co.uk/how…sat

Can I install freesat myself? Yes, if you already have a satellite dish and cabling, in most cases you can simply plug your freesat digital box or TV in. If your dish is still under warranty (typically 12 months) we advise you check that using it to receive freesat will not affect your warranty terms before you install any other equipment. And of course, if you have any remaining contractual obligations with your supplier, you'll still be bound to fulfil them. If you need a new satellite dish or need extra cables, for example for freesat+ , you can book it in store when you buy freesat.

Edited by: "highland2010" 26th Jan 2011

Original Poster

thanks guys will give it a go unless Sky give me an offer i cant refuse

We made the switch at the weekend, Sky offered us 6 months half price but these days everything we watch is on freesat or freeview anyway...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74845
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
    3. Win free gin for a year99
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65

See more discussions