Found 5th Jun 2010
hi, I am hoping some1 knws the answer to this

If I have a freesat receiver and still want to keep the sky+ box, can I get a signal splitter eg from Maplin and run 2 signal cables from it, then runs one cable to the sky box and another one to the freesat?

thanks

6 Comments

I think you need a dual lnb or higher on the dish and then run 2 cables from there? You'll need quad lnb if you're doing HD.

If you have Sky+ you will no doubt have a quad LNB fitted to your dish.

You need another cable running from your dish to your Freesat Receiver, splitting a satellite cable will not work.

as Inactive said, quad LNB just get the cable.

Cheap alternative is to get aerial switcher box - then you could switch between the cables and use either Sky or Freesat but not both together.

Original Poster

thks guys. Appreciate yr advice.

Banned

doogan9;8767400

Cheap alternative is to get aerial switcher box - then you could switch … Cheap alternative is to get aerial switcher box - then you could switch between the cables and use either Sky or Freesat but not both together.

Poor advice. DiPole switches will see a fair drop in signal strength. Its not a good idea.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769294
    3. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684

See more discussions