Freetrade.io | Free commission-free stock investing app

Posted 23rd Aug 2019
Freetrade is similar to Robinhood (which is US only) and allows you to buy and sell stocks for free. I believe it's the only service in the UK that allows this although I believe Revolut has an option for their 'Metal' customers too.

The UI is really clean and easy to use but doesn't have some features at the moment such as fractional shares etc.
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
Trading 212 is better; No Fee on Market/Stop/Limit order with any time dealing; rather with FreeTrade that execute free orders only at 16:00 UK time.

Both offer 1 free share (up to a value of £100 I believe) when you join using referral (I've both in case any one interested to know more can PM me).
Just downloaded the app,

So fees wise at I correct to say if you open a basic account you only pay stamp duty when you purchase shares, not when you sell otherwise it’s free to trade at 4pm,

Are there any fees to transfer funds out to your own bank acc
i have a referral code for freetrade where both parties get a free share. let me know if you would like it.
Tried posting a deal to show that these now offer an ISA but the chumps have taken it down

Anyway, its £3 a month so really good value compared to the big boys. Decent selection of shares and funds now too. SIPP to launch later in the year
It's a really good app. Though they're still in the process of adding stocks and etf. I only wish they have flexible ISAs so I have more flexibility with my cash.

I believe freetrade if you sign up with a referral code we both will get a free share worth up to £200
MrKrabs10/01/2020 23:45

Tried posting a deal to show that these now offer an ISA but the chumps …Tried posting a deal to show that these now offer an ISA but the chumps have taken it down Anyway, its £3 a month so really good value compared to the big boys. Decent selection of shares and funds now too. SIPP to launch later in the year

Yeah definitely great value, I would have done it too but I'm currently using Vanguard for my ISA and you can't open two if they add the Vanguard LS range I may switch over to Freetrade for everything.
TheShadowWalker10/01/2020 23:51

It's a really good app. Though they're still in the process of adding …It's a really good app. Though they're still in the process of adding stocks and etf. I only wish they have flexible ISAs so I have more flexibility with my cash. I believe freetrade if you sign up with a referral code we both will get a free share worth up to £200

I think flexible ISAs might be on the roadmap, although with s&s isa you tend to be in it for the long term, its useful for cash isas and innovative financial isas where capital is being paid back too.

My best share so far was £7, most seem to be in the £3-£4 range
I use freetrade and really impressed so far - not bought many shares yet but its a well laid out app. I've also got a referral code if anyone wants it, think we'd both get a free share.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants