Freeview box I can use with Virgin Media cables?

Found 29th Apr 2016
We have virgin media cabling in a spare bedroom, is there a type of freeview box I can attach and use to this? ta
Community Updates
12 Comments
No. You can't get Freeview through Virgin Media cables.
Hi I thought so as well but a few years ago a neighbough of ours had a new large tv replacement with built in freeview and needed some help connecting the cables. One of the cables was a virgin cable with an adaptor on the end that connected into the aerial socket on the tv and they managed to get some freeview channels. It was definitely virgin cable.
This may be a one off or miracle but just wondered myself
There's a satellite box called Zgemma H2H and that has 2 connections on 1 for satellite and the other for cable.
there about £80 but you can skin them and make them look like the virgin/sky box and you can record onto a hard drive.
Surely virgin signal cables comes under the ground?

Freeview comes over the air terrestrial signal via lead connected to an aerial?

Freesat comes over the air from a satellite signal via a satellite dish?
antah

Hi I thought so as well but a few years ago a neighbough of ours had a … Hi I thought so as well but a few years ago a neighbough of ours had a new large tv replacement with built in freeview and needed some help connecting the cables. One of the cables was a virgin cable with an adaptor on the end that connected into the aerial socket on the tv and they managed to get some freeview channels. It was definitely virgin cable.This may be a one off or miracle but just wondered myself

It was not Freeview but a few unencrypted cable TV channels of which there are very few.
Some TV's mainly for the European market have cable TV tuners built in, but they are not allowed to be connected to VM network in the country. Several non Sky satellite receivers can also be fitted with cableTV tuners but the same applies.

Edited by: "OBH6UK" 29th Apr 2016
rap451

Surely virgin signal cables comes under the ground?Freeview comes over … Surely virgin signal cables comes under the ground?Freeview comes over the air terrestrial signal via lead connected to an aerial?Freesat comes over the air from a satellite signal via a satellite dish?

I know all that
deleted8996
Get the zgemma as mentioned earlier in thread. You'll also for get all the channels for a small fee ;-)
antah

Hi I thought so as well but a few years ago a neighbough of ours had a … Hi I thought so as well but a few years ago a neighbough of ours had a new large tv replacement with built in freeview and needed some help connecting the cables. One of the cables was a virgin cable with an adaptor on the end that connected into the aerial socket on the tv and they managed to get some freeview channels. It was definitely virgin cable.This may be a one off or miracle but just wondered myself

​That was a while ago when they did analogue, early 2000s oO
The virgin cable will carry a scrambled signal and the virgin box decodes it a freeview box will not decode the signal
Kodi is what you want.well something that will run kodi. I here the streams are getting fewer as they get shut down
wayners

Kodi is what you want.well something that will run kodi. I here the … Kodi is what you want.well something that will run kodi. I here the streams are getting fewer as they get shut down

Done all that before, future sports streams which was good, but still hassle

Thanks all, I'll just pay the 6.50 a month for a virgin box
the box ur looking for is called kryptview but u need an Internet connection
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants