Expired

Freeview Box PVR keeps restarting itself

Found 1st Oct 2014
Hi, i have a Alba PVR ALDTR160 that keeps restarting itels. It's been doing this for the past two to three days. I bought it about 5 years ago from Argos. It's been perfect until now. It's about every 5 minutes, it turns itself off, says `starting` on the front of the unit, a few little lines appear, then the time comes on as normal. it's recording ok, and playing back ok. I was watching a programme a few nights ago, pressed stop, got busy with something, and this was again about 5 mins, and it turned itself off to restart itself again!. There was a update for all freeview boxs last week, im thinking maybe its something to do with that?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Has it got an external power supply. It could be failing or the box could be overheating.
check power cable for melting. sometimes the insulation can break in the cable and cause it to arc. could be a dry joint though.
Thanks. It seems to have stopped doing it now! Usually the case after I post it! Will check cables and give it a rub over after to remove any dust just in case :-)
Had another check, its not doing it every 5 mins now, not so often, and now it's not coming on when i press the power button, its turning on but not coming onto tv screen until after power it on and off by remote a few times, maybe its breaking, i dont know, sounds like it is
Polly_P

Had another check, its not doing it every 5 mins now, not so often, and … Had another check, its not doing it every 5 mins now, not so often, and now it's not coming on when i press the power button, its turning on but not coming onto tv screen until after power it on and off by remote a few times, maybe its breaking, i dont know, sounds like it is

sounds like the power supply, being on constantly for five years is good going (I've read that the capacitors swell up and fail)
Woke up this morning, pvr restarting, but not managing too before switiching off. It went to the little old electronic appliance heaven

Bought a Panasonic from argos today. so if you pvr does the same as mine, it's on its way out. Thanks for the help

Edited by: "Polly_P" 6th Oct 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants