Groups

FreeView Hd+ Or FreeSat HD

Not quite sure about this. Simply want to watch the World Cup in HD and spectulating over these products. Which one is better to get? If its Freesat can i use my Skydish to set it up without hassle contacting sky

What do you guys think

20 Comments

Sky dish will work no probs.
    I've got freesat but I'm seriously thinking of going back to sky just because the sky interface is so much better than the rest.

Original Poster

dontasciime;8442637

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/freesat-faqs

Nice one so looks like freesat has better features

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

this tv has both freeview HD and freesat HD, problem solved :-D

cazz1990;8443004

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-p42g20b-42-full-hd-plasma-tv-04853532-pdt.htmlthis tv has both freeview HD and freesat HD, problem solved :-D

and cheaper at pixmania, dixons and Amazon.:thumbsup:

Great tv tho

Original Poster

cazz1990;8443004

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-p42g20b-42-full-hd-plasma-tv-04853532-pdt.htmlthis tv has both freeview HD and freesat HD, problem solved :-D

Wow wow one step at a time buddy that £1000 lol i only want to spend £200 ish

Be a good investment

]Here. Just use your sky mini dish.

Banned

kidchop;8443065

Wow wow one step at a time buddy that £1000 lol i only want to spend £200 … Wow wow one step at a time buddy that £1000 lol i only want to spend £200 ish

at that screen size just get freeview SD

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8443103

]Here. Just use your sky mini dish.

Oh right, a recorder would be better. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help

kidchop;8443117

Oh right, a recorder would be better. Any recommendations? Thanks for … Oh right, a recorder would be better. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help

Yes the] Humax HDR.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8443133

Yes the] Humax HDR.

Perfect, now if i connected to my sky dish, can both operate at the same time?

kidchop;8443206

Perfect, now if i connected to my sky dish, can both operate at the same … Perfect, now if i connected to my sky dish, can both operate at the same time?

You will need a twin LNB and an extra cable.

Or buy a quad LNB and some twin cable then you can keep your sky box connected too.

Look at ebay no. 200464256740. Everything you will need. £15.95:thumbsup:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8443242

You will need a twin LNB and an extra cable.Or buy a quad LNB and some … You will need a twin LNB and an extra cable.Or buy a quad LNB and some twin cable then you can keep your sky box connected too.Look at ebay no. 200464256740. Everything you will need. £15.95:thumbsup:

Wow will be repped, i think i will order both box and ebay item soon. I really appreciate it mate

BTW are you a freesat user with a sky dish?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8443274

We have three freesat and one sky box (without a subscription) coming off … We have three freesat and one sky box (without a subscription) coming off our one sky dish, works no problems.I love freesat, BBC Iplayer on your TV is awesome, HD is really good aswell.

Good to hear, how are homeplugs for the internet supply

kidchop;8443261

Wow will be repped, i think i will order both box and ebay item soon. I … Wow will be repped, i think i will order both box and ebay item soon. I really appreciate it mateBTW are you a freesat user with a sky dish?

Yes have a Humax (non pvr). Used much more now ITV have a permanent HD channel. Wish BBC would do the same.

kidchop;8443287

Good to hear, how are homeplugs for the internet supply

Yes I use a set of comtrends 200mbps ones. Think they are on offer at btshop at the moment.:thumbsup:

Does he not mean as in BBC1 HD

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8443308

Yes have a Humax (non pvr). Used much more now ITV have a permanent HD … Yes have a Humax (non pvr). Used much more now ITV have a permanent HD channel. Wish BBC would do the same. Yes I use a set of comtrends 200mbps ones. Think they are on offer at btshop at the moment.:thumbsup:

Do comtrends work on any router and not just bt services? Just double checking lol

So its around £235 for Humax, £15 for wires and £40 for home plugs. Not bad + i could wireless my consoles too

Your very helpful

Go to Humax Direct Sales on their own website as they do a 320GB model (Grade A and guaranteed for 12 months) for £215.00 which is cheaper than you would get anywhere else
    If you are seeking larger storage then they have also bought out a 50gb model. I hae jus bought a 1TB version from LE Concepts for £330 which is an approved modified model guarenteed for 2 years
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions