Groups

Freeview HD or Freesat HD

Hello people im in two mind on which Free HD service to go for!!! And how many cables u need from the dish for a recordable freesat box?

7 Comments

2 cables for freesat hd presumng the box has a twin tuner
    Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 12th Mar 2011

if you've got Sky already you'll need to make sure your dish has four LNB outputs on it. You can buy new LNBs from Maplin. Freeview HD is technically a lot easier to set up, as most boxes just need the one coax input from your existing aerial

Original Poster

ah thanks m8 do u have freesat ur self and do u get bbc1 hd? would u recommend freesat?

Original Poster

christopherebert

if you've got Sky already you'll need to make sure your dish has four LNB … if you've got Sky already you'll need to make sure your dish has four LNB outputs on it. You can buy new LNBs from Maplin. Freeview HD is technically a lot easier to set up, as most boxes just need the one coax input from your existing aerial

yes i got four LNB outputs on my dish! i had a brand new one put up yesterday for my sky in the front room and i got the guys to run me a extra cable from the dish to my bedroom but they only ran one cable so i wasnt sure if i needed two to record and rewind live tv for frresat? thanks chris

Yes you get BBC1 HD, BBC HD, and ITV1 HD on Freesat. With 4 HD coming soon. You get all four already on Freeview HD where available.

DSW

yes i got four LNB outputs on my dish! i had a brand new one put up … yes i got four LNB outputs on my dish! i had a brand new one put up yesterday for my sky in the front room and i got the guys to run me a extra cable from the dish to my bedroom but they only ran one cable so i wasnt sure if i needed two to record and rewind live tv for frresat? thanks chris

Each tuner needs its own cable - with one cable you can record, pause or watch one channel only, but you'll be able to watch a recording. With two cables to a dual-tuner PVR, you can record two channels at once. You can't split the cable either, as each tuner needs to be able to control the LNB. With a split, one tuner will 'win' and the other won't be able to find the channel its after.

Which one is more likely to get future HD channels?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming511
      3. Any have any gearbest codes ASAP/advice on where to buy Xiaomi phone?67
      4. Biscuit addiction1956

See more discussions