Groups

Freeview Recordable box query

Hi there all

see this one at argos: argos.co.uk/sta…htm

is this just a normal box and you dont ned a card for top up? Im thinking the top up is just incase you want like discovery channels etc
    Its for my gran who still has a VHS but my uncle was planning on buying that one for her as it would be alot easier

or does anyone have any better recomendations

thanks

11 Comments

Original Poster

also can you record freeview channel while watching BBC1 or another freeview channel

You don't need a Top Up TV card, it will work on the normal free channels, it just has the slot for a card if you want to subscribe to it. (With a card you get 2 weeks epg, without only 1 week)

It has 2 tuners, you can watch one and record another or record 2 at once and it has series link

Original Poster

pretty good then Barney eh?

its exactly like a sky+ box but only freeview

saxo_appeal;5757740

pretty good then Barney eh?

It's OK, I think it's a vestel box but can't find any reviews on AV Forums, cheap price though.

The reviews on Argos are mainly good (there are some bad ones burried in there) but overall 3.8 out of 5.

If they can afford it go for the Humax 9150 (about £130 and 2 years warranty) or even a refurb Humax 9200 from Humax direct (about £105 and 1 years warranty)

saxo_appeal;5757740

its exactly like a sky+ box but only freeview

More or less

Edit

These are excluded from the 30 day money back guarentee so you can't take it back if they don't like it

Original Poster

lol

Yeh but you can take it back if its not working :whistling::whistling:

cough cough lol

I love my Hummy

saxo_appeal;5757973

lolYeh but you can take it back if its not working … lolYeh but you can take it back if its not working :whistling::whistling:cough cough lol

LOL, of course :whistling:

A quick search on DigitalSpy and it is a Vestel TUTV clone, some of these have a issue with freezing, easily fixed, when it happens unplug the machine for a few minutes or just take it back.

Have a read through some of the threads ]here

Original Poster

barneydog;5758048

LOL, of course :whistling:Have a read through some of the threads ]here

nothing in the link mate

Sorry about that, it worked when I put it up, try

digitalspy.co.uk/for…=90

and use the search this forum link using Bush 160gb

Banned

barneydog;5757852

It's OK, I think it's a vestel box but can't find any reviews on AV … It's OK, I think it's a vestel box but can't find any reviews on AV Forums, cheap price though.The reviews on Argos are mainly good (there are some bad ones burried in there) but overall 3.8 out of 5.If they can afford it go for the Humax 9150 (about £130 and 2 years warranty) or even a refurb Humax 9200 from Humax direct (about £105 and 1 years warranty)More or less :)EditThese are excluded from the 30 day money back guarentee so you can't take it back if they don't like it

+1 :thumbsup:

stick with a hummy

Banned

in fact, just picked up another humax pvr-9150t from pc world for £84.81 delivered!

just checked and now out of stock so guess I got the last one.

worth keeping an eye on though

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions