Freeview recorder

Posted 17th Nov
As my sky deal is coming to an end and the possibility of only having freeview does anyone know of any cheap freeview recorder boxes for sale?

I've looked online but can't seem to find many. I'm not into my tech so price really isn't important. Supermarket brands would be fine.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Have you got one built into your tv . You might just need a harddrive or a pendrive .
Humax
KemCol17/11/2019 07:42

Have you got one built into your tv . You might just need a harddrive or a …Have you got one built into your tv . You might just need a harddrive or a pendrive .

No
Burkos17/11/2019 07:51

Humax

Humax was £79 I didn't realise they were so expensive. Thanks though
Bt dtr-t2100 500gb from cex with 2 year warranty for about £40

Excellent pvr with HD, catchup, Netflix, amazon prime (needs ethernet)
PHILREC7717/11/2019 07:57

Humax was £79 I didn't realise they were so expensive. Thanks though

Is that expensive?
As you have had sky I would say a freesat recorder would be better you get more channels
Had ex BT Youview( made by Humax) box off eBay for years . You can get an HD one as Chocci's post or 4K. If you connect it to the internet there's catch up TV and Netflix too.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 17th Nov
Scoot5617/11/2019 08:47

As you have had sky I would say a freesat recorder would be better you get …As you have had sky I would say a freesat recorder would be better you get more channels

Also I would go for humax smart box. It is a little expensive but worth it
Haircut_10017/11/2019 08:30

Is that expensive?

More expensive than I thought they would be. But I didn't really know the prices of them
Thanks for your replies
There's August ones on amazon for £25 to £30
Scoot5617/11/2019 08:47

As you have had sky I would say a freesat recorder would be better you get …As you have had sky I would say a freesat recorder would be better you get more channels

I don't even know the difference between the two lol
PHILREC7718/11/2019 05:50

I don't even know the difference between the two lol

Freesat uses the same cables that your sky did so no need for a tv aerial. Also I sure you get a few more channels than freeview
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants