Groups
    EXPIRED

freeview recorder wanted

Hi
    I want a 160gb freeview recorder
    i have seen sagem and thompson models for £99 from high street stores are these good makes?
    can anyone recommend a model?
    thanks for your time

10 Comments

It's hard to comment without knowing the models involved and your requirements.

I would recommend having a good browse in the PVR forum on ]Digitalspy as there is loads of info and advice on there.

barneydog

It's hard to comment without knowing the models involved and your … It's hard to comment without knowing the models involved and your requirements.I would recommend having a good browse in the PVR forum on ]Digitalspy as there is loads of info and advice on there.

Agreed, got to be the best source of info out there. I've got an old Digifusion which I love to bits - although others hate them just as much! The information I got from Digitalspy was crucial both before and after purchase.

By the way, if mine died then if I was feeling flush I'd get the Humax 9200t, if not then I'd get a refurb Digifusion for about £50 and hope I got lucky with a good one.

Original Poster

the models that i looked at where sagem dvr 62160sl-t & thompson dt16300
    available at comet/currys and argos cant remember which one was where
    not after all singing and dancing just a reliable machine that will record while i watch another channel
    timeslip would be nice though

Original Poster

seems like none do what it says on the box without problems
    might just sit tight and wait for the next instalments

Banned

I've just got a BT vision box, free of charge, monthly subscription from £6 per month. Its as good as Sky+ for Freeview, and its fantastic.

twohats

seems like none do what it says on the box without problemsmight just sit … seems like none do what it says on the box without problemsmight just sit tight and wait for the next instalments

The review links I gave are not up to date (they were what I found with a quick search) and new firmware might have solved the problems highlighted in them. Try a more detailed search.

Get a box from Argos, see if you like it, if not at least you can take it back at Argos.

I have just had a look at the spec of the boxes you mentioned and they both do what you want.

Original Poster

thanks for the info might go for the thompson unit
    dont want the tutv and that is what people are complaining about

I have a freeview recorder in the for sale forum
    it's the one that comes with BT vision. By all accounts it's very good and although it's shouting about all the BT internet things it does, it will work as a normal freeview recorder as well.
    open to an offer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?57
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?3058
      3. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland66
      4. pringles movie codes22

See more discussions