Freeview recorders, what to look for?

My MIL is after a freeview recorder as she is fed up of for paying for sky. Basically neither of us have a clue what is good or not. She isn't bothered about HDD and idealy wants to spend no more than £100, £120 max. Even better if it is a bit of a bargain!!
Can anyone give me any advice on what to look for or any links to any cheap deals?
Thanks

6 Comments

Banned

Get one with a duel receiver so you can watch one channel while recording another

I have a Humax. There are cheaper ones, but I have read some dire reviews on here about them failing. Go for a good brand.

I have this one, ]http//ww…tml tis sweet.

Original Poster

Thanks, UI'll look at the Humax ones.
Alfonse yours is far too much but it's very nice.
Any one else???

Banned

Look for whether the connections on the box and whether suit your connnection needs/ future needs.

wookiemummy;4435503

Thanks, UI'll look at the Humax ones. Alfonse yours is far too much but … Thanks, UI'll look at the Humax ones. Alfonse yours is far too much but it's very nice.Any one else???

you can find it cheaper now, but I have used/had the Thomson and Humax ones which are cheap but they played up something chronic had 2 replacements of each before settling on this one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1111
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846070
    3. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders44
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763843

See more discussions