Freezing The Gym membership

Posted 14th Mar
Due to this pandemic outbreak I'm thinking of either canceling or freezing my membership for few months.

I logged in and went to freeze the membership and it states the first month is free. However it does not go to explain what happens after the first month?

Any can share any info on this?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Im with a local run gym , im keeping my membership open , supporting them through tough times 🤛
7 Comments
I think its £5/month
You need to be speaking to someone at your gym about this or contacting their customer service department. I’d assume that every gym chain have their own particular terms and conditions relating to cancelling or freezing membership. Just contact them and see what they say.
Haircut_10014/03/2020 19:35

You need to be speaking to someone at your gym about this or contacting …You need to be speaking to someone at your gym about this or contacting their customer service department. I’d assume that every gym chain have their own particular terms and conditions relating to cancelling or freezing membership. Just contact them and see what they say.

Asking here in case anyone has had experience.
Read their t&c and no clarification on this subject.
rimalpatel00714/03/2020 20:02

Asking here in case anyone has had experience. Read their t&c and no …Asking here in case anyone has had experience. Read their t&c and no clarification on this subject.

You don't state your membership type, but if standard and after any 1st month promo period you would be making "regular Monthly Membership Amount payments", then:
2. If you make regular Monthly Membership Amount payments you may Freeze your Membership at any time and for any period, using the online Member Area. When your Membership is frozen, your PIN number will be deactivated and you will pay a reduced Monthly Membership Amount.
or if terminating:
4. After the 14-day cancellation period you may terminate your Membership at any time by cancelling the direct debit mandate with your bank. Your Membership will end with immediate effect, and no refund will be due.
thegymgroup.com/leg…nt/
Im with a local run gym , im keeping my membership open , supporting them through tough times 🤛
Check the contract you signed.
They are unlikley to give goodwill breaks unless they have to close.
Isn't the the gym a pay monthly no contract sort of gym. So just terminate and rejoin down the line?

(I've not looked into it myself but if my gym closes I will be cancelling/freezing till it reopens).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants