French Children Don't Throw Food

Found 20th Feb
This book seems to be getting some publicity and having read it, it seems to come down to French parents having more common sense than their American and British counterparts.

The amount of children in chain restaurants who play with their food, throw things and have tantrums is incredible. Maybe this should be required reading for parents.
Community Updates
MiscGroceries
17 Comments
Someone’s been listening to radio 2 this morning if not they had the author on at 8.15 was at work so didn’t listen to it but Chris Evans was raving about it at 7. Will be on iplayer later.
Edited by: "eslick" 20th Feb
eslick1 m ago

Someone’s been listening to radio 2 this morning if not they had the a …Someone’s been listening to radio 2 this morning if not they had the author on at 8.15 was at work so didn’t listen to it but Chris Evans was raving about it at 7.

Yup. He's been talking about it for a couple of months and it seems to have sprung up on social media.
Saturn7 m ago

What is this? Misc Book Club? A link to your incisive review please, HEAWD …What is this? Misc Book Club? A link to your incisive review please, HEAWD - save everyone reading through the dross.

That isn't a bad idea, i have a few book recomendations, what genre do you like?
CoeK5 m ago

That isn't a bad idea, i have a few book recomendations, what genre do you …That isn't a bad idea, i have a few book recomendations, what genre do you like?

This is actually about a book regarding parenting so I'm not sure you and your friend would find it of interest.
CoeK20 m ago

That isn't a bad idea, i have a few book recomendations, what genre do you …That isn't a bad idea, i have a few book recomendations, what genre do you like?

I like political, sporting and notable autobiographies, but the decline and potential demise of what the term used to mean is a concern.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals14 m ago

This is actually about a book regarding parenting so I'm not sure you and …This is actually about a book regarding parenting so I'm not sure you and your friend would find it of interest.

Some parents are naturals, and don't require help guides. Some parents even have real children. Regards to all the Mittys.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals21 m ago

This is actually about a book regarding parenting so I'm not sure you and …This is actually about a book regarding parenting so I'm not sure you and your friend would find it of interest.

As an antithesis I would recommend reading Lullaby by Leila Slimani, another take on how the French rear children.
RonChew11 m ago

As an antithesis I would recommend reading Lullaby by Leila Slimani, …As an antithesis I would recommend reading Lullaby by Leila Slimani, another take on how the French rear children.

Cheers for the recommendation.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals35 m ago

You would be correct at least for me.
Saturn21 m ago

I like political, sporting and notable autobiographies, but the decline …I like political, sporting and notable autobiographies, but the decline and potential demise of what the term used to mean is a concern.Some parents are naturals, and don't require help guides. Some parents even have real children. Regards to all the Mittys.

I prefer books not based in reality, i have to deal with reality enough as it is
Uilleam171 m ago

Dan Brown - Origin. Great,fast paced with lots of little twists, just …Dan Brown - Origin. Great,fast paced with lots of little twists, just read it over two nights.

I read his first 4 books, i felt like it got a bit samey. Might give that one a go though, before they ruin it with a movie(if they haven't already).
All French parents are not alike.
All British parents are not alike.
All American parents are not alike.
A Francophile wants to sell books to neurotic parents.
davewave5 m ago

All French parents are not alike. All British parents are not alike. All …All French parents are not alike. All British parents are not alike. All American parents are not alike. A Francophile wants to sell books to neurotic parents.

Insightful and superficially true but there are always some things that are either unique or more commonplace in certain regions.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals29 m ago

Insightful and superficially true but there are always some things that …Insightful and superficially true but there are always some things that are either unique or more commonplace in certain regions.

HotEnglishAndWelshDealsOriginal Poster
28 m ago

davewave5 m agoAll French parents are not alike. All British parents are not alike. All …Read more
Insightful and superficially true but there are always some things that are either unique or more commonplace in certain regions.

Zzzzzzzplendid
Edited by: "davewave" 20th Feb
deleted5795921st Feb

Go move to France then OP.Last time I was on holiday in France we went to …Go move to France then OP.Last time I was on holiday in France we went to an all you can eat Chinese Buffet place near Reims.. never been anywhere so uncouth, full of kids running around like animals throwing food and screaming while majority of parents we sat back drinking carafes of red wine and eating bowl upon bowl of escargot.. my kids wanted to go home the whole place felt very intimidating, as we were eating (here is the best bit) on came the news and Brexit results were being announced... next thing it was all shock and gasps from them as some of them started shouting at the TV!.. we left quickly before it got any worse.. I wonder if the OP is making a connection between chain restaurants and classes?Most kids I see in public throwing tantrums which is very few to be fair, are usually of middle class.. rarely see poorer kids complaining they cant have something.

All you can eat Chinese buffet....troughs aren't what I was thinking of when i heard French restaurants.

Congrats on enjoying the local cuisine though.
deleted5795921st Feb

Go move to France then OP.Last time I was on holiday in France we went to …Go move to France then OP.Last time I was on holiday in France we went to an all you can eat Chinese Buffet place near Reims.. never been anywhere so uncouth, full of kids running around like animals throwing food and screaming while majority of parents we sat back drinking carafes of red wine and eating bowl upon bowl of escargot.. my kids wanted to go home the whole place felt very intimidating, as we were eating (here is the best bit) on came the news and Brexit results were being announced... next thing it was all shock and gasps from them as some of them started shouting at the TV!.. we left quickly before it got any worse.. I wonder if the OP is making a connection between chain restaurants and classes?Most kids I see in public throwing tantrums which is very few to be fair, are usually of middle class.. rarely see poorer kids complaining they cant have something.

It has been suggested many times in the past, I've even offered to buy him his ticket but nope, Still here.
deleted5795922nd Feb

Ahh right because we went to one buffet place, we obviously ate there …Ahh right because we went to one buffet place, we obviously ate there every night and didn't bother eating the local cuisine eh.. your assumpitions of others are your downfall.

I made no assumptions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants