Groups

French soldier shoots a man carrying a suitcase trying to enter Louvre

Just reported ongoing situation

88 Comments

Original Poster

Supposedly he has only wounded him

Some news agencies say he was wielding a knife too.
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 3rd Feb

IS et al wont increase there chances of the restoration of the caliphate if they don't step things up, its been quiet for a while now.

I would of thought the Louvre would have been an idea target. Lots of tourists, a French national symbol and of course a chance to destroy western art, surprised they have not been more aggressive in targeting this place. Clearly france had thought to protect it be more, not so much from pick pockets though!
    Edited by: "groenleader" 3rd Feb

Sky news reporting he was armed with a Machete, no explosives found.

ALQ, IS etc. are the fascists of our age. Glad this terrorist thug, whoever he represents, was taken down.

The reporter said : Soldiers all over Europe these days, especially in Brussels.

Wow, the EU such a safe place.

Nail in the coffin for EU will swing France vote to the far right. Atleast this guy attacked a symbol of the goverment and not some innocent foreigners.

If Kay Butler is there reporting for Sky News she'll be asking the terrorist "You've just been shot by the police, how do you feel about it?"

Graham1979

If Kay Butler is there reporting for Sky News she'll be asking the … If Kay Butler is there reporting for Sky News she'll be asking the terrorist "You've just been shot by the police, how do you feel about it?"

The police have just issued an artist's impression.

BBC reports that the attacker is Egyptian on a tourist visa!

We have to start the travel bans like Trump has, we should have had them in place before.

Protect people that are in the country already. Don't give a concern for those outside. Keep us safe.
    Edited by: "groenleader" 3rd Feb

groenleader

BBC reports that the attacker is Egyptian on a tourist visa!We have to … BBC reports that the attacker is Egyptian on a tourist visa!We have to start the travel bans like Trump has, we should have had them in place before. Protect people that are in the country already. Don't give a concern for those outside. Keep us safe.

Or have a more measured response instead of knee jerk reactions.

BagABargain78

I am saying it should have been implanted ages ago! Now is the tasting for it to put in place!

Banned

BagABargain78

Like the measured response of their burqa ban?

Wish people would start distancing themselves from that religion.
    Far too many acts of terror committed in the name of islam.

Funny how you very rarely hear of Sikh, Hindu or Buddhist terrorist attacks, do you?

118luke

Funny how you very rarely hear of Sikh, Hindu or Buddhist terrorist … Funny how you very rarely hear of Sikh, Hindu or Buddhist terrorist attacks, do you?

First try bombing and invading their countries, then make a comparison.

mudddy

First try bombing and invading their countries, then make a comparison.

​when did anyone invade his country, unless you are classing every muslim country the same.

fishleg

Atleast this guy attacked a symbol of the goverment and not some innocent … Atleast this guy attacked a symbol of the goverment and not some innocent foreigners.

Wtf! I doubt his intended target was the building oO
    Edited by: "chocci" 4th Feb

groenleader

BBC reports that the attacker is Egyptian on a tourist visa!We have to … BBC reports that the attacker is Egyptian on a tourist visa!We have to start the travel bans like Trump has, we should have had them in place before. Protect people that are in the country already. Don't give a concern for those outside. Keep us safe.

Hmmm i have a friend from Egypt, in all the years he's been here he's never once tried to stab anyone, nor did the family of my sisters school friend back in the day who became a pen pal when the family went back to Egypt for retirement.

But don't let the fact theres tonnes of perfectly normal people all over the world get in the way of your rant, i hope Egypt tightens its laws after the joe cox murder cant trust those brexiters any one of them might be carrying a knife with intent to kill.

118luke

Wish people would start distancing themselves from that religion. Far too … Wish people would start distancing themselves from that religion. Far too many acts of terror committed in the name of islam.Funny how you very rarely hear of Sikh, Hindu or Buddhist terrorist attacks, do you?

Try looking beyond the TV news and ou will find them, saffron terror might be a good start for your Google search.

Error440

Hmmm i have a friend from Egypt, in all the years he's been here he's … Hmmm i have a friend from Egypt, in all the years he's been here he's never once tried to stab anyone, nor did the family of my sisters school friend back in the day who became a pen pal when the family went back to Egypt for retirement.But don't let the fact theres tonnes of perfectly normal people all over the world get in the way of your rant, i hope Egypt tightens its laws after the joe cox murder cant trust those brexiters any one of them might be carrying a knife with intent to kill.

Lets face it, our system of imprisonment and mental health treatment is pretty poor. Thomas Mair was known to have issues, was unemployed (never constructive if you have MHP's) and was as most sick people are, dumped out by society and the system.

There are failings, but letting people KEEP coming here only increases the chance of putting more dodgy people on the streets.

Get them out, keep them out, that's what Brexit is all about.

There is no point having people come here, and then finding there bad, then p[paying for there mental health treatment or prison time.

Egypt et al must be forced to keep its citizens, support them, clean them up and in 20 - 30 years when they have raised there quality we can revisit letting them in.
    Edited by: "groenleader" 4th Feb

groenleader

Lets face it, our system of imprisonment and mental health treatment is … Lets face it, our system of imprisonment and mental health treatment is pretty poor. Thomas Mair was known to have issues, was unemployed (never constructive if you have MHP's) and was as most sick people are, dumped out by society and the system. There are failings, but letting people KEEP coming here on increases the chance of putting more dodgy people on the streets.Get them out, keep them out, that's what Brexit is all about.There is no point having people come here, and then finding there bad, then p[paying for there mental health treatment or prison time. Egypt et al must be forced to keep its citizens, support them, clean them up and in 20 - 30 years when they have raised there quality we can revisit letting them in.

So if they are islamic its islams fault they have nutters in their ranks but if they are Christian, atheist etc they are just nutters and the ideology they have latched onto doesn't matter because they are just nutters.

if he survives, would this be a scenario where water boarding could be useful ?

HR Standards at ISIS are slipping, this last one was a moron, pulling a knife on a armed and well trained soldier is never going to end well as seen on many Israeli video clips where some daft bint pulls a knife on a bunch of IDF.

DKLS

HR Standards at ISIS are slipping, this last one was a moron, pulling a … HR Standards at ISIS are slipping, this last one was a moron, pulling a knife on a armed and well trained soldier is never going to end well as seen on many Israeli video clips where some daft bint pulls a knife on a bunch of IDF.

It maintains the sense of terror and a spot on the news to remind the world they still exist, the media plays a massive role in these things.

groenleader

Perhaps it would be better just to improve our vetting system rather than a blanket ban.

We are fast becoming increasingly dependent on 'outsiders' to meet our massive and growing shortage of fully qualified peeps in certain professions.
    If we look at just one area, i.e. health and care, at this time we're encountering all sorts of difficulties in producing our own home grown talent and even more difficulties in keeping them due to poorly thought out government policies, thus we need 'outsiders' to come in and do the jobs for the peanuts we're offering, otherwise we end up with little to no service at all.

Error440

So if they are islamic its islams fault they have nutters in their ranks … So if they are islamic its islams fault they have nutters in their ranks but if they are Christian, atheist etc they are just nutters and the ideology they have latched onto doesn't matter because they are just nutters.

​I think the difference is, the ones that are labelled muslim by the media and the general public are called Muslim because they themselves claiming to be Muslim and are committing whatever crime it may be to further their cause.
    the 'white' criminals/terrorists/ideologlical, people (for want of a better description) don't claim to be fighting for one cause, they don't all go on the internet post and make videos.
    I'm sure if all of them were claiming to be christian or fighting for the KKK then they would be labelled as such.

YouDontWantToKnow

Like the measured response of their burqa ban?

Two over reactions don't make a right.

shadey12

​I think the difference is, the ones that are labelled muslim by the m … ​I think the difference is, the ones that are labelled muslim by the media and the general public are called Muslim because they themselves claiming to be Muslim and are committing whatever crime it may be to further their cause.the 'white' criminals/terrorists/ideologlical, people (for want of a better description) don't claim to be fighting for one cause, they don't all go on the internet post and make videos.I'm sure if all of them were claiming to be christian or fighting for the KKK then they would be labelled as such.

Hmm depends if the media want to take that angle there's been plenty of violence in the name of gods, anti abortion, anti immigration etc and its known that in the event of a attack there tends to be a spate of copycat violence.

So is it that people like ISIS are just extremely savvy in their advertising to appear attractive to nutters looking for a cause or there some concerted effort on the part of the media to give them infamy or both. I mentioned, saffron Terror earlier when do you ever hear anything about that on TV? If you ask me something is going on to perpetuate all this crap.

Error440

Hmm depends if the media want to take that angle there's been plenty of … Hmm depends if the media want to take that angle there's been plenty of violence in the name of gods, anti abortion, anti immigration etc and its known that in the event of a attack there tends to be a spate of copycat violence.So is it that people like ISIS are just extremely savvy in their advertising to appear attractive to nutters looking for a cause or there some concerted effort on the part of the media to give them infamy or both. I mentioned, saffron Terror earlier when do you ever hear anything about that on TV? If you ask me something is going on to perpetuate all this crap.

​really, did you bother reading what I wrote.
    put it another way, when the IRA were bombing mainland Britain. we called them the IRA. if they had referred to themselves as something else we most probably would have called them that.
    nice try talking about abortion protests and trying to blame the media. if someone attacks something, or someone trying to kill people and does it for what he believes is his religion, how would you like it to be reported.
    why not start a new thread on abortion marches and saffron terrorists, you could combine them on the same thread, they seem to have little to do with each other, just like they have nothing to do with this thread.
    Edited by: "shadey12" 4th Feb

shadey12

​I think the difference is, the ones that are labelled muslim by the m … ​I think the difference is, the ones that are labelled muslim by the media and the general public are called Muslim because they themselves claiming to be Muslim and are committing whatever crime it may be to further their cause.the 'white' criminals/terrorists/ideologlical, people (for want of a better description) don't claim to be fighting for one cause, they don't all go on the internet post and make videos.I'm sure if all of them were claiming to be christian or fighting for the KKK then they would be labelled as such.

Keep everyone out, that's what Brexits about. Who ever you are, where you are from, go some where else now.

Let us deal with our own and get a chance to put out house in order.

tryn2help

Perhaps it would be better just to improve our vetting system rather than … Perhaps it would be better just to improve our vetting system rather than a blanket ban.We are fast becoming increasingly dependent on 'outsiders' to meet our massive and growing shortage of fully qualified peeps in certain professions. If we look at just one area, i.e. health and care, at this time we're encountering all sorts of difficulties in producing our own home grown talent and even more difficulties in keeping them due to poorly thought out government policies, thus we need 'outsiders' to come in and do the jobs for the peanuts we're offering, otherwise we end up with little to no service at all.

End of the line! All change please!

I cant imagine in the new Brexit Britian which favours controls over immigration etc over economy that any of that matters, hopefully most who want something else, British or otherwise will be on the train, boat, plane out.

Wasting time on better vetting etc. it never works. You don't know what X is doing in Somalia, not even the Somalis know what he is doing!

Ban them and its done with.

Edited by: "groenleader" 4th Feb

groenleader

End of the line! All change please! I cant imagine in the new Brexit … End of the line! All change please! I cant imagine in the new Brexit Britian which favours controls over immigration etc over economy that any of that matters, hopefully most who want something else, British or otherwise will be on the train, boat, plane out. Wasting time on better vetting etc. it never works. You don't know what X is doing in Somalia, not even the Somalis know what he is doing! Ban them and its done with.

Jeepers bro', life is really not that dangerous, keep locking yourself away and you give the terrorists exactly what they want.

Life is for living and I'm going to live it while I can, I'm certainly not going to live in fear of the nutjobs who share the planet - you lock yourself away if you want, bro', but I'm getting up, going out and enjoying life, waaaaaheeeeey! X)

tryn2help

Jeepers bro', life is really not that dangerous, keep locking yourself … Jeepers bro', life is really not that dangerous, keep locking yourself away and you give the terrorists exactly what they want.Life is for living and I'm going to live it while I can, I'm certainly not going to live in fear of the nutjobs who share the planet - you lock yourself away if you want, bro', but I'm getting up, going out and enjoying life, waaaaaheeeeey! X)

You be careful out there t2h. Could you please check in to misc @ 9pm everyday so we know you're safe and haven't been molested. Thanks.

shadey12

​really, did you bother reading what I wrote.put it another way, when the … ​really, did you bother reading what I wrote.put it another way, when the IRA were bombing mainland Britain. we called them the IRA. if they had referred to themselves as something else we most probably would have called them that.nice try talking about abortion protests and trying to blame the media. if someone attacks something, or someone trying to kill people and does it for what he believes is his religion, how would you like it to be reported.why not start a new thread on abortion marches and saffron terrorists, you could combine them on the same thread, they seem to have little to do with each other, just like they have nothing to do with this thread.

The point is if the media reported a lot about the Jewdian people's front there'd be more people\nutters drawn to them and doing stuff in their name, it seems to be the case that alot of these people are lone wolf nutters drawn into something for the fame aspect. There's tonnes of Islamist groups out there it has to be said but we don't tend to hear about them and its common for nutters to want to leave their mark as shown by people in America posting YouTube videos aheadof killing sprees they hope will get on the news.
    groenleader

Keep everyone out, that's what Brexits about. Who ever you are, where you … Keep everyone out, that's what Brexits about. Who ever you are, where you are from, go some where else now. Let us deal with our own and get a chance to put out house in order.

Our own like the 7\7 bombers you mean. I'm sure Assad would love to keep all those British jihadist out of his country who keep joining groups to destroy his government.

Banned

Error440

The point is if the media reported a lot about the Jewdian people's front … The point is if the media reported a lot about the Jewdian people's front there'd be more people\nutters drawn to them and doing stuff in their name, it seems to be the case that alot of these people are lone wolf nutters drawn into something for the fame aspect. There's tonnes of Islamist groups out there it has to be said but we don't tend to hear about them and its common for nutters to want to leave their mark as shown by people in America posting YouTube videos aheadof killing sprees they hope will get on the news.Our own like the 7\7 bombers you mean. I'm sure Assad would love to keep all those British jihadist out of his country who keep joining groups to destroy his government.

WTF?

Banned

Lone nutter... His parents must have bought him the wrong trainers or something.

youtube.com/wat…vTQ
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 5th Feb

Error440

The point is if the media reported a lot about the Jewdian people's front … The point is if the media reported a lot about the Jewdian people's front there'd be more people\nutters drawn to them and doing stuff in their name, it seems to be the case that alot of these people are lone wolf nutters drawn into something for the fame aspect. There's tonnes of Islamist groups out there it has to be said but we don't tend to hear about them and its common for nutters to want to leave their mark as shown by people in America posting YouTube videos aheadof killing sprees they hope will get on the news.Our own like the 7\7 bombers you mean. I'm sure Assad would love to keep all those British jihadist out of his country who keep joining groups to destroy his government.

​I don't remember anybody claiming to be a Jew blowing anything up in Britain, but on your theory does that mean if the twin towers bombers were claiming to be Jewish then the 7 7 and 21 7 bombings wouldn't have claimed to be Muslim?
    I remember the IRA bombing mainland Britain, I don't remember Irish people in England doing the same for 15 minutes of fame.
    I really don't understand you mentioning Jews at all, maybe they have caused problems in London but I would of thought the far right and people claiming to be Muslim would be more relevant.

YouDontWantToKnow

Lone nutter... His parents must have bought him the wrong trainers or … Lone nutter... His parents must have bought him the wrong trainers or something.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ

​you should she the interview with his dad, "why did they have to shoot him, "he wasn't very religious he didn't have a big beard" no one seems to have told him his lovely son had two machetes over a foot long and went for one of the people who shot him.

Predikuesi

Some news agencies say he was wielding a knife too.

​two machetes over 12 inches.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense45
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?22
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?77
      4. What to do?????710

See more discussions