Frequent travellers - best lounge in Heathrow T3?

7 replies
Found 7th Feb
I'm travelling to Vegas and will have a 4 1/2 hr stop over in Heathrow, so figure might book into one of the lounges at T3. I know there's a 3 hour limit, but any recommendations as to which one to go for?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

I take it you don't have access with your flight ticket or any status? Do you have Amex entry via Lounge Pass or Priority Pass?

Have a read of this headforpoints.com/201…-3/

I'm flying out next week to Tallinn but on a business ticket so will be using Cathay - my favourite lounge in LHRT3.

most of these paid access lounges are pretty carp nothing like an actual airline lounge
limited range of rubbish snacks limited range of drinks not really wise to drink loads of alcohol before a flight imo
personally with that short a layover would just spend money on a half decent meal so you can steer clear of the "inflight cusine "
Edited by: "mattmerch" 7th Feb

Original Poster

windym

I take it you don't have access with your flight ticket or any status? … I take it you don't have access with your flight ticket or any status? Do you have Amex entry via Lounge Pass or Priority Pass?Have a read of this http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/14/review-no-1-traveller-lounge-heathrow-terminal-3/I'm flying out next week to Tallinn but on a business ticket so will be using Cathay - my favourite lounge in LHRT3.

no, there's no access with my ticket and what not, so will be paying separately. If i can get a discount on entry somehow, I figure by the time i bought a meal, a couple of pints or teas/coffees, i'd be near the £20/£25 mark anyway, and a lounge would be more comfortable

n64play

no, there's no access with my ticket and what not, so will be paying … no, there's no access with my ticket and what not, so will be paying separately. If i can get a discount on entry somehow, I figure by the time i bought a meal, a couple of pints or teas/coffees, i'd be near the £20/£25 mark anyway, and a lounge would be more comfortable

food will be rubbish in lounge

n64play

no, there's no access with my ticket and what not, so will be paying … no, there's no access with my ticket and what not, so will be paying separately. If i can get a discount on entry somehow, I figure by the time i bought a meal, a couple of pints or teas/coffees, i'd be near the £20/£25 mark anyway, and a lounge would be more comfortable

If you take out the basic AmEx Gold card, which is a chargecard and not a credit card. You get two free lounge passes. There is no fee in the first year. Without knowing when you are travelling I don't know if this might be a free way in or useless! You can use the Lounge Club lounges in any of the countries offered, so it might be useful for the outward and return a pass for each airport.

As others have said, these lounges aren't as good as Airline lounges but for free it can't be all that bad!

loungeclub.com/en/…es/

americanexpress.com/uk/…ght!tab3
Edited by: "windym" 7th Feb

I figure by the time i bought a meal, a couple of pints or teas/coffees, … I figure by the time i bought a meal, a couple of pints or teas/coffees, i'd be near the £20/£25 mark anyway, and a lounge would be more comfortable

I've paid for lounges twice and think they were both rip -offs. They both only let you have one hot dish free, and tiny portions at that. Plenty of a limited range of snacks. Soft drinks and tea/coffee were free, but alcoholic beverages were charged. You are really paying for the peace and quiet.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition70779
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions